Paint and sip industry
The paint and sip industry consists of group painting lessons accompanied by wine or other beverages. Many wine and painting party studios are franchise-based and the number of businesses in this industry has increased rapidly since 2007.
There are an estimated 1000 wine and painting party companies in the United States and Canada. The typical wine and painting party franchise offers group painting classes that last for several hours. Customers are encouraged to bring beverages, or purchase them if the studio has a liquor license. Painting lessons are led by professional artists or art students who also create art for the franchise. Clientele are 78% women.
- Max, Sarah. "A Winning Business Idea: Wine and Paint." Entrepreneur. July 26, 2012
- Teague, Lettie. "A Grape Palette in Montclair, NJ." The Wall Street Journal. Nov. 21, 2013
- Samudovsky, Kathy. "Art class gets creative juices flowing." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Feb. 6, 2014
- Lacina, Linda. "Paint, Sip, and Make a Profit." Upstart Business Journal. June 28, 2011
- Kennedy, Kristy. "Businesses guide adults to fun and enrichment." Chicago Tribune. May 2, 2013
- "Charlie Hall takes on a new venture...again." Warwick Beacon. Oct. 18, 2012