|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Creators||Ron Gilbert, Richard Moe, Rhonda Conley|
|Platforms||Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android, Linux, PlayStation|
|First release||Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside
Oct 4, 1996
|Latest release||Pajama Sam 4: Life is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!
Aug 19, 2003
The Pajama Sam series is a collection of point and click children's adventure and puzzle games originally created by Humongous Entertainment. After the release of the first two adventure games, the series were proving a success when the products sold one million copies and won 40 awards of excellence.
All games consist of three parts: the tutorial, the actual game, including the side objective, and the credits. The world changes every time a new game is started (even though the main and side objectives stay the same). The games consist of Pajama Sam finding objects in the world and using them somewhere else. A cut scene is usually played if the right item is used. Each game has a save feature . In addition to a main storyline, each individual game has a separate objective to collect objects scattered around Sam's world.
- Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside (1996)
- Pajama Sam: Don't Fear The Dark (2008)
- Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide (2012)
- Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening (1998)
- Pajama Sam: Thunder and Lightning (2014)
- Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet (1999)
- Pajama Sam: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff! (2003)
|Pajama Sam's Sock Works||
|Pajama Sam's Lost & Found||
|Pajama Sam's One Stop Fun Shop||
|Pajama Sam: Games to Play on Any Day||
- For Steam the games were released as single games, or bundled with the other Pajama Sam games in "Pajama Sam Complete Pack" or came was packaged with all Humongous Entertainment games in "Humongous Entertainment Complete Pack".
- The games are available DRM-free from GOG.com as Pajama Sam volumes 1 and 2, using SCUMMVM and running on Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Infogrames released a CD titled "Freddi Fish / Pajama Sam Value 2-Pack" containing Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds and Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat", which included Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds, Pajama Sam's Sock Works and Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat 2", which included Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside, Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness and Putt Putt Travels Through Time.
- Big Island Publishing released in 2009, a twin pack titled "Pajama Sam: 2 Pack" and containing both Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet and Pajama Sam: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!.
- Humongous Entertainment released a bundle of 3 discs titled "Pajama Sam 3-pack", which included Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside, Pajama Sam's Lost & Found and Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet.
- Pajama Sam's Sock Works was released for Windows and Macintosh on a compilation CD titled "Super Duper Arcade 1", along with Spy Fox in: Cheese Chase, Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries and Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-O-Rama.
- Pajama Sam's Lost & Found was released for Windows and Macintosh on a compilation CD titled "Super Duper Arcade 2", along with Spy Fox in: Hold the Mustard, Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness and Putt-Putt and Pep's Dog on a Stick
- Pajama Sam - A young boy, voiced by Pamela Adlon, who is a little naive but has an active imagination and ambition. He has light turquoise hair and skin and wears a pair of blue footed pajamas and a red cape. He befriends many inanimate objects throughout his adventures, who in turn assist him in the games. Sam has a tendency to be inattentive, impatient, and to rush into situations without having the full story. Yet he is also depicted as being friendly and going out of his way to be nice to characters that he encounters - even enemies or former enemies. He also has a big brother named Mark.
- Pajama Man - Sam's favourite comic book superhero, whom he emulates to conquer his fears and dislikes and altruistically help others.
Pajama Sam 1
- Carrot Leader Guy: A carrot in the garden across from Darkness's house. He is the leader of the Salad Liberation Front, a group of carrots who are tired of being considered as a part of a salad-- they want to be the main course. He reappears in the second and third games. In some versions of the game, he is found wearing Sam's mask. He is a strong leader who has dedicated his time to helping his fellow carrots.
- Darkness: Sam's nemesis throughout the game. Sam is afraid of him and attempts to capture Darkness. However, when Sam finally meets Darkness, he discovers that Darkness is not so bad after all. He is lonely and only wants to play games with friends, but he has none. Sam befriends him at the end of the game and the two play "Cheese and Crackers" together.
- King: A cart in the mines near Darkness's house. Sam finds him rusted to his tracks, but helps free him. King feels young and alive after getting rid of his rust, and so carries Sam around the labyrinth of mines.
- Otto: A friendly boat who is afraid of drowning. Otto is a bit of a coward, and not a thrill chaser. Sam helps him to get over this fear, and in return, Otto gives him rides around the river.
- Wink & Blink: The Announcers for the Land of Darkness's game show, The "Brain Tickler". They are two doors seen arguing with each other when they think Sam is not present.
Pajama Sam 2
- Andrew Glimmer - A Stapler and the nervous Supply Clerk, who gives out supplies to anyone who has a supply form.
- Bernie Applebaum - A test tube that runs the suggestions department.
- Bill Gate - The gate prevents visitors from entering World Wide Weather.
- Board Members - They're literally boards, and their names are Larch, Birch and Splinter.
- Brad Carpenter - The Receptionist who guards the offices and doesn't let anyone in without an appointment.
- Courtesy Phone - A purple phone is glad to give Sam as much advice as it can.
- George Someone - The Personnel Manager, who will give some information in exchange for an apple.
- Jersey Langston III - A snowman that gets stuck with ASI's job when ASI goes missing and wears Carrot Leader Guy for a nose.
- Lightning - Thunder's assistant, who easily panics and prides her work at World Wide Weather.
- Mother Nature - The head of World Wide Weather, who expects only perfection from her employees.
- Rhoda Dendron - A Palm Tree and the unpleasant secretary for the VP of Paper Clips and Rubber Bands.
- Sheila Zywicki - A coffee mug who runs the complaint department.
- SID - The Snowflake Inspector Detector is designed to find ASI.
- Thunder - The Controller of the World Wide Weather who makes sensible decisions.
- Weather Machine Parts - They are ASI, Velocimomometer, Wingnut and Y-Pipe who work the Snow, Wind, Sun and Water machines respectively.
Pajama Sam 3
- Bean 47 - A Kidney Bean. The newly appointed delegate of the Pulses Food Group. Branded with a white number 47 and wears a boater hat.
- Carrot Leader - A Carrot. General Beetfoot's advisor, who manages to stall the general from declaring war.
- Chuck Cheddar - A lump of Cheddar Cheese. The delegate of the Dairy Food Group. He wears a pair of pilot goggles and a boater hat and has a handlebar mustache.
- Florette - A Broccoli. The delegate of the Vegetables Food Group. She wears a pink hair bow and a boater hat.
- General Beetfoot - A Beetroot. The General of the Food Pyramid Army. Always barks an order to declare war whenever he thinks the food conference is off.
- Granny Smythe - A Green Apple. The delegate of the Fruits Food Group. She wears a string of pearls, a pair of glasses and a boater hat.
- Mickey Hollandaise - A Banana. A momentarily failed comedian, who performs comedy shows at the Funnybone Theater.
- Pierre Le Pane - A French Bread Loaf. The delegate of the Breads and Grains Food Group. He wears a boater hat and has a mustache.
- Luke Wigglebig - A Pink Lollipop. The delegate of the Sweets Food Group. He wears blue suit with a red bow and carnation and a boater hat.
- Selina Celery - A Celery. Lives in the Foothills where she teaches dancing lessons.
- Selma Celery - A Celery. Selina's sister and dancing partner.
- Zing - A Soda Can. The leader of the Soda Can Band, who socialise by endlessly dancing.
Pajama Sam 4
- Bishop - A white chess piece, who is particularly proud of his crook and pointy hat.
- Clean Sock - A clean white sock with two red stripes. Resides in the top drawer of a chest of drawers and is lonesome without the other matching sock.
- Cook - The proprietor of the diner in the Grubby Corners Mall.
- Crane Operator - A wrench who operates a crane to clean up a clogged river.
- Grandma Sweater - A woolen sweater who loves to knit good clothes in record time.
- Hall Monitor - A traffic cone who keeps the queue outside Dr. Grime's office in order.
- Happy Farmer - A farmer who raises and shears dust bunnies in a field.
- Jacques Scubeau - A French person in a pressure diving suit, who explores the water bed of the giant tank.
- Mall Guard - A notepad wearing an officer's hat, who guards the mall and does not permit anyone to enter without the proper dress code.
- Nutcracker - A Russian accented toy soldier who can crack and open any nut with his teeth.
- Soiled Sock - A dirty white sock with two red stripes. Wants to be with his partner but remains separated because of the dirt on him.
- Sponge - A sea sponge, who is very fond of eating mold.
Various Children's books about Pajama Sam have been published by Lyrick Publishing.
|Pajama Sam: Color and Activity Book||August 2000||Lyrick Studios|
|Pajama Sam: Mission to the Moon||August 28, 2000||Dave Grossman||Lyrick Studios|
|Pajama Sam: The Magic Hat Tree||August 2000||Lyrick Studios||N. S. Greenfield|
|Pajama Sam: Amazing TV Adventure||January 2001||Biz Magoo||Lyrick Studios||Dirk Wunderlich|
|Pajama Sam What's Different?||January 2001||Nancy Parent||Lyrick Studios||Darren McKee|
|Pajama Sam: Out to Lunch!||January 2001||Biz Magoo||Lyrick Studios|
|Pajama Sam: Food Fight||August 2001||Lyrick Studios|
- "The Free Library - Pajama Sam". Farlex, Inc. April 6, 2000. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Pajama Sam on Steam". Steam. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- "Pajama Sam Complete Pack on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Humongous Entertainment Complete Pack on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Humongous Entertainment triple treat 2". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Super Duper Arcade 1". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Super Duper Arcade 2". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Pajama Sam 4 - Meet the Characters" (PDF). July 23, 2003: 8–11. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- "ISBN 1570649499". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1570649502". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1570649510". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1586680625". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1586680641". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 158668065X". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1586681524". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.