|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)|
|Creators||Ron Gilbert, Richard Moe, Rhonda Conley|
|Platforms||Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android, Linux|
|First release||Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside
Oct 4, 1996
|Latest release||Pajama Sam 4: Life is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!
Aug 19, 2003
The young titular character himself, Pajama Sam, is shown having light turquoise hair and skin and wearing a pair of blue footed pajamas and a red cape. Many of Sam's adventures involve him emulating his hero, the comic book superhero Pajama-Man, and seeking to physically conquer his fears and dislikes (e.g. darkness, thunder and lightning) and altruistically help others.
Sam is young and a little naive, and obviously has an active imagination. Sam befriends many inanimate objects throughout his adventures, such as a mine cart named Xing, a wooden boat named Otto and a piece of broccoli named Florette. These companions assist him in the games.
Sam has a tendency to be inattentive, impatient, and to rush into situations without having the full story. Yet he is also depicted as being friendly and going out of his way to be nice to characters that he encounters - even enemies or former enemies. He also has a big brother named Mark.
All games consist of three parts: the tutorial, the actual game, including the side objective, and the credits. The world changes every time a new game is started (even though the main and side objectives stay the same), so it is impossible to explain the complex storyline. The games consist of Pajama Sam finding objects in the world and using them somewhere else. A cut scene is usually played if the right item is used. You may save your progress at any time if you have to stop. In addition to a main storyline, each individual game has a separate objective to collect objects scattered around Sam's world.
- Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside (1996)
- Pajama Sam: Don't Fear The Dark (2008)
- Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide (2012)
- Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening (1998)
- Pajama Sam: Thunder and Lightning (2014)
- Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet (1999)
- Pajama Sam: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff! (2003)
|Pajama Sam's Sock Works||
|Pajama Sam's Lost & Found||
|Pajama Sam's One Stop Fun Shop||
|Pajama Sam: Games to Play on Any Day||
- For Steam the games were released as single games, or bundled with the other Pajama Sam games in "Pajama Sam Complete Pack" or came was packaged with all Humongous Entertainment games in "Humongous Entertainment Complete Pack".
- Infogrames released a CD titled "Freddi Fish / Pajama Sam Value 2-Pack" containing Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds and Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat", which included Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds, Pajama Sam's Sock Works and Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo.
- Big Island Publishing released in 2009, a twin pack titled "Pajama Sam: 2 Pack" and containing both Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet and Pajama Sam: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!.
- Humongous Entertainment released a bundle of 3 discs titled "Pajama Sam 3-pack", which included Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside, Pajama Sam's Lost & Found and Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet.
Various Children's books about Pajama Sam have been published by Lyrick Publishing.
|Pajama Sam: Color and Activity Book||August 2000||Lyrick Studios|
|Pajama Sam: Mission to the Moon||August 28, 2000||Dave Grossman||Lyrick Studios|
|Pajama Sam: The Magic Hat Tree||August 2000||Lyrick Studios||N. S. Greenfield|
|Pajama Sam: Amazing TV Adventure||January 2001||Biz Magoo||Lyrick Studios||Dirk Wunderlich|
|Pajama Sam What's Different?||January 2001||Nancy Parent||Lyrick Studios||Darren McKee|
|Pajama Sam: Out to Lunch!||January 2001||Biz Magoo||Lyrick Studios|
|Pajama Sam: Food Fight||August 2001||Lyrick Studios|
- "Pajama Sam on Steam". steampowered.com. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- "ISBN 1570649499". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1570649502". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1570649510". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1586680625". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1586680641". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 158668065X". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "ISBN 1586681524". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved June 5, 2015.