Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening|
Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't So Frightening is a 1998 children's point-and-click adventure game originally released for Windows and Macintosh. On April 3, 2014, this game was ported to Android under the title Pajama Sam: Thunder and Lightning. The second game of the Pajama Sam franchise, it features the title character entering the World Wide Weather through his attic to stop the scary thunder and lightning.
During a scary thunderstorm, Pajama Sam journeys through his attic and up into the clouds to World Wide Weather. While confronting a surprisingly kind Thunder and Lightning, Sam accidentally causes a major malfunction and so is tasked with retrieving several missing important parts, before the CEO and president of WWW, Mother Nature, an onion, finds out. The side objective of this game is to find all of the missing puzzle pieces, which will form an amusing picture when they are all collected.
This game employs multiple scenarios to play. Each of the four weather machine parts can be found in one of two locations which are completely random.
The game has multiple Easter eggs. At any time, players can enter the menu and select the "fun" button to bring up a board game similar to that of Sorry! or Parcheesi, but players play with tokens modeled after umbrellas, fans, ice, and bottles of sunscreen. Also, there are various objects in almost every room that can be clicked on that will trigger small animations such as a 10 second dance party. Throughout the game, there are puzzle pieces that can be picked up to assemble a Pajama Man puzzle and the pieces change location every time players replay the game. Players can also use the phone in the lobby and dial various single digits to have Sam contact different departments of World Wide Weather.
Pajama Sam 2 received generally positive reviews upon release; however, critics noted the game wasn't as good as the first. Pajama Sam 2 got 8.1/10 from IGN, 5 out 5 stars from Review Corner, 7/10 from Unikgamer, 4 out of 5 stars from Adventure Gamers and 4 out of 5 stars from MacHome. Review Corner gave this game the Award of Excellence. GameRankings gave the game an aggregated review score of 90% based on only a single review from a defunct website called Quandary.
- "Pajama Sam: Thunder & Lightning - Android Apps on Google Play". Google Play. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening on Steam". Steam. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening Review". IGN. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "Pajama Sam 2 - Review Corner". 1999. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
The game is a creative masterpiece with adorable characters, outstanding animation, mind-bending challenges, and a terrific underlying message.
- "Pajama Sam series on Unikgamer". Unikgamer. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening Information, Screenshots & Media". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening - macHOME". Archived from the original on October 29, 2004. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
The whole game is like this: a fun adventure of search and find.
- "Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening for PC - GameRankings". GameRankings. Retrieved June 5, 2015.