|Pinyin||Zhōu Bǎiháo (Mandarin)|
|Jyutping||Zau1 paak3 hou4 (Cantonese)|
|Ancestry||Kaiping, Guangdong, China|
November 12, 1984 |
|Occupation||Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Model|
|Genre(s)||Cantopop, Pop, Rock|
|Instrument(s)||Singing, Piano, Guitar|
Chau Pak-ho, better known as Pakho Chau, is a Hong Kong Cantopop singer and songwriter. He officially entered the Hong Kong music industry in 2007, and is currently signed to the Warner Music Group, Hong Kong.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Awards
- 6 Advertisements
- 7 External links
Having once represented Hong Kong in basketball, Chau has also worked as a lifeguard, swimming teacher, and piano teacher. Chau also enjoyed a brief stint as a part-time model, signed to Hong Kong modelling agency Starz People, becoming a model and spokesperson for many large companies and brands in Hong Kong.
After a while, Chau decided to pursue his long-time passion for music, and saved up money to go abroad and learn more about music and production techniques. However, he was encouraged by his modelling manager to stay in Hong Kong, and was soon introduced to a well-known record producer in Hong Kong, Chan Kwong-Wing (陳光榮). After an initial meeting, Chau worked in Chan's recording studio as an unpaid engineer for almost two years, recording and producing demos and commercial jingles.
His musical talent was noticed by Chan, and soon Chau was offered a recording contract and signed to Warner Music Group in 2007.
Due to his work experience as a recording studio engineer, Chau also produces many of his own songs.
His debut single, "Same Sky" (同天空), rapidly gained airplay in Hong Kong, and instantly became a hit song. His second single, "Six Days" (六天) also achieved popularity.
Chau's popularity was determined within three days of the release of his debut EP Beginning, sold more than 6000 copies. This resulted in a strong demand for a second shipment of his debut EP.
In May 2008, a duet with Cantopop starlet Stephanie Cheng was released, called "Nothing Done" (一事無成). This song became massively popular, achieving commercial success and reaching the top of many music charts in Hong Kong.
In July 2008, in time for the Hong Kong Book Fair, Chau released a photo album, containing a collection of his own words and photos. This photo album was called "Here's Where It All Began" (我的開始在這裡), and sold extremely well, with a second edition being released the following month.
His second album, entitled Continue, was released on August 21, 2008.
After releasing several singles, Chau released Follow on July 10, 2009. This collection consisted of 4 new tracks, and several previously released tracks. Following on from the previous year, Chau released another photo album for the Hong Kong Book Fair, called "This Is My Time Machine" (假如我有時光 ‧ 机).
- November 7, 2007 - Beginning
- August 21, 2008 - Continue
- July 10, 2009 - Follow
- August 20, 2010 - [Remembrance]
- January 12, 2012 - [Get Well Soon]
- December 18, 2012 - [Imperfect Collection]
- August 30, 2013 - 
- Shrek the Third as the voice of "Gingerbread Man", in the Cantonese version (2007)
- Love Is Elsewhere (愛情萬歲) as "Joe Yeung" (2008)
- 10 Promises To My Dog (我和尋回犬的十個約定) as the voice of "Yuichi", in the Cantonese version (2008)
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa as the voice of "Moto Moto", in the Cantonese version (2008)
- Basic Love (愛情故事) (2009)
- Out Of Proportion (玩大咗) (2009)
- Seven 2 One (關人7事) (2009)
- Split Second Murders (死神傻了) (2009)
- I Corrupt All Cops (金錢帝國) (2009)
- Once a Gangster (飛砂風中轉) (2010)
- The Way We Were (2011)
- Hong Kong Ghost Stories (猛鬼愛情故事) (2011)
- Lan Kwai Fong (喜愛夜浦) (2011)
- I Sell Love (2014)
- S for Sex, S for Secret (2015)
- 12 Golden Ducks (2015)
- Guilty (2015)
- My Wife Is a Superstar (2015)
- Love Detective (2015)
- Super Models (2015)
- Big Fortune Hotel (2015)
- This Is My Home (我是香港人) as Ah Siu
- Wildchild (野仔) - Zhang Mou (張某)
- Monie Tung (董敏莉) - Men And Women Eating (飲食男女), Pool Party (池畔派對)
- Stephanie Cheng (鄭融) - Popular Applause (叫好叫座)
- Renee Dai (戴夢夢) - Witness (當事人)
- Hong Kong Baptist University Film And Television Works Masters Degree production - Life In The Works (活在筆下)
- Elanne Kong (江若琳) - Wrong Love (錯愛)
- Shiga Lin (連詩雅) - I Don't Wanna Be Lonely
- Commercial Radio Hong Kong - "Best New Male Singer" - Silver Award
- Radio Television Hong Kong - "Most Promising Newcomer" - Silver Award
- Sina Music - "My Favourite New Male Singer" - Gold Award
- Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited - "New Male Singer"
- Yahoo! Search Popularity Award - "New Male Singer"
- RoadShow Music Awards - "RoadShow Best New Male Singer"
- Radio Television Hong Kong - Ten Best Chinese Songs - Song Award for "Nothing Done" (一事無成)
- Jade Solid Gold Top 10 Awards - Most Popular Duet (Gold Award) - Song Award for "Nothing Done" (一事無成)
- Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited - Best Song - Song Award for "Nothing Done" (一事無成)
- Jade Solid Gold Song Elections, First Round - Song Award for "Six Days" (六天)
- Jade Solid Gold Song Elections, Second Round - Song Award for "Nothing Done" (一事無成)
- Gold Song Kings - "Hong Kong's Most Promising Male Newcomer"
- Children's Songs Solid Gold - Gold Song Award for "Oh" (哦)
- Yahoo! Music - Best Duet Song - Song Award for "Nothing Done" (一事無成)
- Sina Music - Best Duet Song - Song Award for "Nothing Done" (一事無成)
- Commercial Radio Hong Kong Ultimate Ten Song Chart - Sixth Place Award for "Prince and the Pauper" (乞丐王子)
- K2 - advertisement
- S. Square - advertisement
- Sony - advertisement
- Just Diamond - advertisement
- Champion clothes - spokesperson
- K2 - advertisement
- Pizza Hut - advertisement
- Converse - advertisement
- Indu Homme Menswear - advertisement
- GP Wedding - advertisement
- Puma AG Casual Wear - advertisement
- Online Game "Dance Mission" - spokesperson
- Neway Karaoke - advertisement
- MOOV.com - advertisement
- Levi Strauss & Co. - advertisement
- Clinique Men's Skincare - advertisement
- ODM Watches - advertisement
- adidas - advertisement