|Also known as||Pakdam Pakdai|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||351|
|Running time||8 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Toonz Animation|
|Original network||Nickelodeon India (2013-2014)|
Nickelodeon Sonic (2014-present)
Rishtey (TV Channel) (2015-present)
Nickelodeon HD+ (Nov 2015-present)
|Original release||May 27, 2013 –|
Pakdam Pakdai, also known internationally as Rat-A-Tat, is an Indian animated comedy TV series airing formerly on Nickelodeon India and currently airing in Sonic Nickelodeon. It is inspired by Oggy and the Cockroaches. The show began in May 2013.
Doggy Don (localized only as Don in international broadcasts) is a little pink dog, who is helped by his elder brother Colonel to fight against three mice named Motu (Marly), Chhotu (Charly), and Lambu (Larry). Chhotu is the self-proclaimed leader of Chuha Party. With these characters, a great dane also appears namely Ballu (Rox).
Doggy Don is inspired by Oggy, Chhotu is inspired by Joey, Motu is inspired by Dee Dee, Lambu is inspired by Marky, Colonel is inspired by Jack and Ballu is inspired by Bob the Bulldog. The first movie of the show, "Doggy Don VS. Billiman" ("Doggy Don vs. The Cat Man"), premiered in Nick on December 21, 2014. Its sequel, Ocean Attack premiered in Sonic on November 22, 2015.
Special voice effects of some Bollywood actors were selected for different characters in the Indian broadcast of the series.
- 1 Characters
- 2 Broadcast history
- 3 Films
- 4 Awards
- 5 Titles in other languages
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Note: Rat-A-Tat names are in parentheses.
- Doggy Don (Don) is a dog, who is usually annoyed by the mice. His days are always ruined by the mice; therefore, he always plans to get revenge on them, and rarely succeeds. He is quite intelligent but he is too lazy to answer some simple questions. His home has a functional laboratory. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Shah Rukh Khan.
- Karnal (Colonel) is the over-protective, occasionally aggressive and arrogant elder brother of Don; an army general, he is always there to protect himself and Don from the mice's mischievous ways. He is a muscular light green dog who wears an olive green army hat. He is quite arrogant yet strong and protective towards others. He is shown to possess many different kinds of tools and weaponry. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Sunny Deol.
- Ballu (Rox) is a grumpy, muscular-looking great dane living next door to Don and Colonel. A running gag in the most episodes is that Don and Colonel (or the mice, rarely) accidentally break in his house and broke his precious things or his entire house, for which he usually gives them a handful of beating. He and Colonel are of the same age which is shown in some episodes. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Amrish Puri.
- Major Saab Jr. (Thaw) is a white creamish bulldog. His father (Major Saab Sr.) died in a helicopter blast, and doggy brothers adopted him. He is smaller in size and age in comparison to both of the dog brothers. His appetite is huge and sometimes is compared to Motu of their gang. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Saif Ali Khan.
- Chhotu (Charly) is the self-proclaimed leader of the Chuha Party and is the most annoying, oldest and genius from all of them. He wears glasses. He is usually considered as a doofus as he almost always loses with his team by the end of the most episodes. He has competition with Doggy Don. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Paresh Rawal.
- Lambu (Larry) is a purple mouse, the thinnest of all mice and usually is known by his catchphrase, "Don't angry me" (instead of don't make ke angry). He tends to joke around more than the other mice and is at least responsible. He has competition with Colonel. He is voiced bySaurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Akshay Kumar.
- Motu (Marly) is a grayish-blue fat mouse who is always hungry and tries to eat any other thing, which is not edible and gets his teeth broken. He is also the clueless and sometimes a bit determined of all the Chuha Party. He is the youngest member of the Chuha party. He has competition with Major Saab. He is voiced by Saurav Chakraborty in the mimicry of Sunil Shetty.
- Doctor Sahab (Doctor) is the family pediatrecian of the dog brothers, as well as Ballu. He is shown to be attending in an army camp, police station as well as in the school of dog brothers, as seen in a flashback episode. He is a simpleton by behaviour as he frequently get caught in Chuha party's mischiefs. Voiced by Saurav chakraborty
- Nana is the narrator of the show, who is only in the original Hindi version. The episodes usually start and ends by his closing comments, while his funny commentary runs throughout the episode. Voiced by Shailesh Pandey, the narrator is a mimic of Nana Patekar.
|India||Nickelodeon India||27 May 2013 - 21 December 2014|
|Nickelodeon Sonic||22 December 2014 - present|
|Nick HD+||5 December 2015 - present|
|Rishtey||30 March 2016 - present|
|Pakistan||Nickelodeon Pakistan||28 June 2014 - present|
|France||France Télévisions||27 May 2013 - 21 December 2014||M6 (TV channel)||22 December 2014 - present|
On 19 December 2014, Pakdam Pakdai Doggy Don Vs Billiman premiered, with Doggy Don and Colonel taking a trip to the future and befriending a cat named Billiman, who turns out to be a villain and conquers the city. Doggy Don and Colonel, along with Chhotu, Motu, Lambu and the citizens of the town defeat Billiman.
Pakdam Pakdai Ocean Attack
On 20 November 2015, Pakdam Pakdai Ocean Attack premiered, with Doggy Don, Colonel and their brother, Major Saab along with the mice saving the world from an evil shark, called Surmai Bhopali, who has turned the world into an ocean and made everyone a sea creature by the destroying the balance between the sea and the land at the heart of the ocean. Doggy Don, Colonel, Major and the mice, along with their new friends, Boodhababa, Manumaan and Yeti, defeated Surmai and captured his evil fish army in a fish jail, along with him.
Pakdam Pakdai: Doggy Don in Egypt
This film premiered on 21 January 2018. It is about when Doggy Don, Colonel, and the mice brothers try to defeat an evil magician called Hairis who wants to take over the world.
Pakdam Pakdai Space Attack
This film premiered on 13 May 2018. It is about Doggy Don, Cornel and the mice brothers trying to save the world from a alien monkey named Hyper Bunder. The new characters to help them is Doggy Dona and Master Goati.
Pakdam Pakdai Attack on Tokyo
This film will be premiered on 16 December 2018.
The show is a coproduction between Nickelodeon and Toonz India Ltd and was launched in May 2013. It won the "Best Animated TV Episode" award at the 2014 BAF Awards, organised by FICCI, for the episode "Safari Don".
Titles in other languages
- Arabic: الفئران الثلاثة
- Bengali: পাকড়াম পাকড়াই
- Chinese: 搞笑动漫
- English: Rat-A-Tat
- German: Mäusespaß
- Hindi: पकड़म पकड़ाई
- Russian: Рат-а-тат
- Spanish: Rat-Ataque ("Rat-Attack") (Spain only)
- Tamil: பக்கரம் பாக்கராய்
- Telugu: పాగారం పాగాక్రి
- Vietnamese: Lạch Cạch Loảng Xoảng
- "Chase comedy 'Pakdam Pakdai' moves from Nick to fuel Sonic's growth". December 18, 2014. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Viacom18 to launch HD kids channel Nick HD+, unveils local IP 'Shiva' for Nick | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Archived from the original on 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- ""Nick Hour" on Rishtey". March 30, 2016. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Nick launches Pakdam Pakdai- a chase comedy". Times of India. TNN. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Nick India's Pakdam Pakdai adjudged 'Best Animated TV Episode'". Indian Television. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Boatwala, Zeenia. "Winners of FICCI BAF 2014 Awards Announced". Animation Xpress. Retrieved 5 June 2014.