Pakdam Pakdai, also known internationally as Rat-A-Tat, is an Indian animated comedy TV series airing formerly on Nickelodeon India and currently airing in Sonic Nickelodeon. It is inspired by Oggy and the Cockroaches, a French animated series based on the silent and friendly war between a cat, Oggy, and three cockroaches. The show began in April 2013.
Doggy Don (localized only as Don in international broadcasts) is a little light-red dog, who is helped by his elder brother Colonel to fight against three mice named Motu (Marly), Chhotu (Charly), and Lambu (Larry). Chhotu is the self-proclaimed leader of Chuha Party. With these characters, a bulldog also appears namely Ballu (Rox).
Doggy Don is inspired by Oggy, Chhotu is inspired by Joey, Motu is inspired by Dee Dee, Lambu is inspired by Marky, Colonel is inspired by Jack and Ballu is inspired by Bob the Bulldog. The first movie of the show, "Doggy Don VS. Billiman" ("Doggy Don vs. The Cat Man"), premiered in Nick on December 21, 2014. Its sequel, Ocean Attack premiered in Sonic on November 22, 2015.
Special voice effects of some Bollywood actors were selected for different characters in the Indian broadcast of the series.
Note: Rat-A-Tat names are in parentheses.
- Doggy Don (Don) is a light red dog, who is usually annoyed by the mice. His days are always ruined by the mice; therefore, he always plans to get revenge on them, and rarely succeeds. He is quite intelligent but he is too lazy to answer some simple questions. His home has a functional laboratory. He has the voice of Shah Rukh Khan.
- Karnal (Colonel) is the over-protective, occasionally aggressive and arrogant elder brother of Don; a member in the army, he is always there to protect himself and Don from the mice's mischievous ways. He is a muscular light green dog who wears an olive green army hat. He is quite arrogant yet strong and protective towards others. He is shown to possess many different kinds of tools and weaponry. He has the voice of Sunny Deol.
- Ballu (Rox) is a grumpy, somewhat muscular-looking bulldog (ironically looking like a Great Dane) living next door to Don and Colonel. A running gag in the most episodes is that Don and Colonel (or the mice, rarely) accidentally break in his house and broke his precious things or his entire house, for which he usually gives them a handful of beating. He and Colonel are of the same age which is shown in some episodes. He has the voice of Amrish Puri.
- Major Saab (Thaw) is a white creamish bulldog. His father died in a plane crash, and his brothers adopted him. He is smaller in size and age in comparison to both of the dog brothers. His appetite is huge and sometimes is compared to Motu of their gang. He has the voice of Saif Ali Khan.
- Chhotu (Charly) is the self-proclaimed leader of the Chuha Party and is the most annoying, oldest and vicious from all of them. He is usually considered as a genius, as he almost always wins with his team by the end of the most episodes. He has the voice of Paresh Rawal.
- Lambu (Larry) is a purple mouse, the thinnest of all of mice and usually is known by his catchphrase, "Don't make me angry". He tends to joke around more than the other mice and is at least responsible. He has the voice of Akshay Kumar.
- Motu (Marly) is a grayish-blue fat mouse who is always hungry and tries to eat any other thing, which is not edible and gets his teeth broken. He is also the dumbest and most naïve of all the Chuha Party. He is the youngest member of the Chuha party. He has the voice of Suniel Shetty.
- Doctor Sahab (Doctor) is the family pediatrecian of the dog brothers, as well as Ballu. He is shown to be attending in an army camp, police station as well as in the school of dog brothers, as seen in a flashback episode. He is a simpleton by behaviour as he frequently get caught in Chuha party's mischiefs.
- Nana is the narrator of the show, who is only in the original Hindi version. The episodes usually start and ends by his closing comments, while his funny commentary runs throughout the episode. Voiced by Shailesh Pandey, the narrator is a mimic of Nana Patekar.
Pakdam Pakdai Doggy Don vs Billiman
On 21 December 2014, Pakdam Pakdai Doggy Don Vs Billiman premiered, with Doggy Don and Colonel taking a trip to the future and befriending a cat named Billiman, who turns out to be a villain and conquers the city. Doggy Don and Colonel, along with Chhotu, Motu, Lambu and the citizens of the town defeat Billiman.
Pakdam Pakdai Ocean Attack
On 22 November 2015, Pakdam Pakdai Ocean Attack premiered, with Doggy Don, Colonel and their brother, Major Saab along with the mice saving the world from an evil shark, called Surmai Bhopali, who has turned the world into an ocean and made everyone a sea creature by the destroying the balance between the sea and the land at the heart of the ocean. Doggy Don, Colonel, Major and the mice, along with their new friends, Boodhababa, Manumaan and Yeti, defeated Surmai and captured his evil fish army in a fish jail, along with him.
The show is a coproduction between Nickelodeon and Toonz India Ltd and was launched in May 2013. It won the "Best Animated TV Episode" award at the 2014 BAF Awards, organised by FICCI, for the episode "Safari Don".
- "Nick launches Pakdam Pakdai- a chase comedy". Times of India. TNN. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Nick India’s Pakdam Pakdai adjudged ‘Best Animated TV Episode’". Indian Television. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Boatwala, Zeenia. "Winners of FICCI BAF 2014 Awards Announced". Animation Xpress. Retrieved 5 June 2014.