Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences
|Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Capital Administration and Development Division|
PIMS (Main building)
|Affiliated university||Quaid-e-Azam University|
|Lists||Hospitals in Pakistan|
Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) is a research oriented health sciences institute located in Islamabad, Pakistan. It is one of the regions leading tertiary level hospitals which includes 22 medical and surgical specialist centers. It provides medical training through the Quaid-e-Azam Postgraduate Medical College which was established on 1 February 1989.
Established in 1985 the institute includes three semi-autonomous hospitals including the Islamabad Hospital (IH) which is a 592-bed hospital spread over 3.5 hectares, the 230 Bedded Children's Hospital spread over 1.6 hectares specializing in pediatric care and the 125 bedded Maternal & Child Health Care Centrel which specializes in obstetrics and gynaecology.
The medical care departments of the institute are:
- Blood Bank
- Burn Center
- Critical Care
- Plastic Surgery
- General surgery
The Medical colleges and school affiliated with the institute are:
- Quaid-e-Azam Postgraduate Medical College
- Federal Medical & Dental College
- College of Nursing
- School of Nursing
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences Member profile
- Maternal & Child Health Care Centrel
- "About PIMS". Pakistan Institute of Medical Science. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Departments at PIMS". Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "1,500 patients undergo dialysis at PIMS every month". The News. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.