Pakistan Maritime Museum
|Pakistan Navy Museum|
|Active||1954 - Present|
|Nickname(s)||Pakistan Maritime Museum|
|Patron||Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Military), Chief of Naval Staff|
The main museum building is located inside the park of 28 acres. It comprises six galleries and an auditorium. The museum is based on modern concepts of presentation and interactive education. Different artifacts of maritime and naval heritage have been incorporated through attractive dioramas, relief sculpture, murals and miniature paintings, touch screen computers, taxidermy and ancient weapons. A computer based maritime information retrieval system has also been incorporated to facilitate the visitors and students for easy access.
Besides all of the above, the museum also displays Daphne Class Submarine PNS Hangor (S131), the minesweeper, PNS Mujahid (M164), Breguet Atlantic aircraft and a wooden barge that was given to the Naval Chief by Her Majesty during the 1960s.
The museum is open throughout the year for seven days a week from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. Entry ticket for adults is Rupees 30 and children Rupeess 20.
- Maritime museum in Karachi: some thoughts, Dawn (newspaper), Published 27 November 2013, Retrieved 14 September 2017
- Exclusive rights: Karsaz's new bridge gives billboard rights to private builder, The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 23 March 2015, Retrieved 14 September 2017
- Business as usual: Maritime Museum to stay open despite series of attacks, The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 30 May 2011, Retrieved 14 September 2017
- Pakistan Maritime Museum — Karachi Defence Journal. Retrieved 14 September 2017
- Pakistan Maritime Museum
- Museum in Karachi — CDGK
- Pakistan Navy official website
- Pakistan Marine Academy official website
|This article about the military of Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a museum in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|