Pakistan Nuclear Society
|Motto||Promoting the development of nuclear science and technology in Pakistan|
|Type||Scientific think tank|
|Dr. Muhammad Ashraf Chaudry|
|Dr. Khalida Akhtar Gill|
|Dr. Ishtiaq Hussain Bokhari|
|Ms. Farhat Waqar|
The Pakistan Nuclear Society (PNS) is an academic not-for-profit educational and scientific learned society devoted for the promotion of peaceful use of nuclear energy and lobbying for the commercial nuclear power development in the country. The PNS has approximately more than 2000 life members (scientists, engineers, physicians, doctors and educators). PNS is a member of International Nuclear Societies Council (INSC) and PNS also closely interacted with its associated international nuclear societies and organizations.
The PNS was established in 1992 by the group of senior scientists and engineers. The PNS provides understanding of the peaceful application of atomic nucleus, nuclear science, technology and allied disciplines, while lobbying for the nuclear power development for economical use. Its first Chairman was Munir Ahmad Khan who succeeded in organizing the society and helped registered the society under the societies registration Act 1860, Constitution of Pakistan. The PNS is governed by nine officers elected by the members for two-year term and its secretariat is housed at Islamabad.
The PNS publishes The News (Newsletter of Pakistan Nuclear Society (PNS)), and its annual meeting took place in the month of September each year. The PNS is governed through an executive council comprising the president, vice-president, general-secretary, finance-secretary and five executive members. The PNS interacts with following counterpart organizations:
- Chinese Nuclear Society
- American Nuclear Society
- European Nuclear Society
- Korean Nuclear Society
- Canadian Nuclear Society
- Nuclear Society of Thailand
- Hungarians Nuclear Society
- Atomic Energy Society of Japan
- Spanish Nuclear Society
- PNS Press. "Pakistan Nuclear Society". Vice-President of Pakistan Nuclear Society (PNS); Editorial press. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- PNS Release. "PNS's Life Members". The Press list release of PNS Life members. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Publications: The News". PNS Editorial. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- PNS Release. "Council of the Pakistan Nuclear Society". Prese Council of PNS.