Pakistan Public Works Department
Pakistan Public Works Department is a Federal Department under Ministry of Housing and Works with its headquarters located in Islamabad, Pakistan, and sub-offices in all the major cities of the country. PWD is in operation since pre-independence day.
Functions of Pakistan PWD
- Acquisition and development of Federal Government lands
- Maintenance of all federally owned Government Building and their furnishing except those financed from Defence budget
- Construction of federally financed Government Offices and residential accommodation
- Management of Federal Lodges
- To act as technical adviser to Federal Government in Engineering matters
The Pakistan PWD operates through
- Public Sector Development Programme
- Deposit Works
Planning, Administration and Architecture constitute the organizational structure.
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)