Pakistan Tourism Development Corp
PTDC or Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (Urdu: پاکستان سیاحت) is an organization of the Government of Pakistan. PTDC is governed by the Board of Directors and provides transportation to various areas and owns and runs several motels across the country.
In 2018, the British Backpacker Society ranked Pakistan as the top country for adventure travel destination. In response to the ranking, the Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation introduced a visa on arrival system for tourists visiting Pakistan from 24 countries, with the Managing Director of the Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation stating that the ranking was a "huge honour" for Pakistan.
- Development and improvement of PTDC Tourist Information Centres, Hotels and Motels throughout Pakistan to attract domestic and international tourists.
- To produce publicity and promotional material for distribution at home and abroad.
- To conduct promotional programmes, activities and events for attracting tourists.
- To create awareness of tourism throughout the private sector, Pakistan Missions abroad, PIA offices, tour operators, travel agents and hoteliers.
- To provide familiarization and package tours, tourist transportation and ground handling to group tours.
- To hold conferences, seminars, and workshops to promote and create awareness of tourism, and to improve the image of Pakistan.
- Planning & Development - identification and implementation of projects dealing with tourism infrastructure such as Motels, Recreational units, Resorts etc.
- Publicity & Promotion of tourist products and projects, production of tourist literature, domestic and foreign publicity.
- Operation of AHP Ltd. a Public Limited Company, which manages and operates Flashman's Hotel in Rawalpindi.
- Management of all hospitality units operated by PTDC Motels (Pvt.) Lt. in various tourist destinations of the country where the private sector is shy to invest.
- Management of Pakistan Tours (Pvt.) Ltd, which provides ground handling and transport facilities for international and domestic groups.
PTDC runs motels at a number of locations throughout the country to provide quality low cost accommodation for visitors. These motels are located at the following locations:
- Khalti (Ghizer)
- Ayubia, Islamabad
- Karimabad, Hunza
- Khuzdar, Baluchistan
- Miandam, Swat
- Saidu Sharif, Swat
- Sust, Hunza
- Torkham, near Peshawar
- Wagah, near Lahore
- Ziarat, Quetta
- Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan
- Khaplu, Ghanche
- "British Backpacker Society ranked Pakistan as Top Country of World for Adventure Travel". www.lonelyplanet.com. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- "PTDC allows visa for group of tourists from 24 Countries". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- "Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - A Guide For Travelers - The Tourist". The Tourist. 2017-09-29. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Official website, Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation- Homepage, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- Tourism Development Corporation Of Punjab, Pakistan, Homepage, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- Official Website For PTDC Motels Room Reservation, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tourism Development Corporation, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- Tourism Development Corporation Of Sindh, Pakistan, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- Tourist Attractions in Balochistan, Pakistan, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- Baluchistan Tourism Development Corporation, Pakistan, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- 'Azad Kashmir' Tourist Destinations, Retrieved 25 July 2016
- http://www.travel-culture.com/ptdc/, Retrieved 25 July 2016
|This Pakistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|