Pakistan Tourism Development Corp
ادارہ برائے فروغِ سیاحت پاکستان
|Formed||March 30, 1970|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Pakistan|
|Headquarters||Islamabad Capital Territory Pakistan|
Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation or PTDC (Urdu: ادارہ برائے فروغِ سیاحت پاکستان) is an organization of the Government of Pakistan. PTDC is governed by the Board of Directors and provides transportation to various areas and owns and runs several motels across the country. It was incorporated on 30 March 1970. Sayed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari is serving as the Chairman of the organization.
In 2018, the British Backpacker Society ranked Pakistan as the top country for adventure travel destination. In response to the ranking, the Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation introduced a visa on arrival system for tourists visiting Pakistan from 24 countries, with the Managing Director of the Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation stating that the ranking was a "huge honour" for Pakistan.
- Development and improvement of PTDC Tourist Information Centres, Hotels and Motels throughout Pakistan to attract domestic and international tourists.
- To produce publicity and promotional material for distribution at home and abroad.
- To conduct promotional programmes, activities and events for attracting tourists.
- To create awareness of tourism throughout the private sector, Pakistan Missions abroad, PIA offices, tour operators, travel agents and hoteliers.
- To provide familiarization and package tours, tourist transportation and ground handling to group tours.
- To hold conferences, seminars, and workshops to promote and create awareness of tourism, and to improve the image of Pakistan.
- Planning and development - identification and implementation of projects dealing with tourism infrastructure such as Motels, Recreational units, Resorts etc.
- Publicity and promotion of tourist products and projects, production of tourist literature, domestic and foreign publicity.
- Operation of AHP Ltd. a Public Limited Company, which manages and operates Flashman's Hotel in Rawalpindi.
- Management of all hospitality units operated by PTDC Motels (Pvt.) Lt. in various tourist destinations of the country where the private sector is shy to invest.
- Management of Pakistan Tours (Pvt.) Ltd, which provides ground handling and transport facilities for international and domestic groups.
PTDC runs motels at a number of locations throughout the country to provide quality low cost accommodation for visitors. These motels are located at the following locations:
- Khalti (Ghizer)
- Ayubia, Islamabad
- Karimabad, Hunza
- Khuzdar, Baluchistan
- Miandam, Swat
- Saidu Sharif, Swat
- Sust, Hunza
- Torkham, near Peshawar
- Wagah, near Lahore
- Ziarat, Quetta
- Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan
- Khaplu, Ghanche
- Sindh Tourism Development Corporation
- Pearl-Continental Hotels & Resorts in Pakistan
- Tourism in Pakistan
- "Pakistan Tourism Development Corp". tourism.gov.pk. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- "British Backpacker Society ranked Pakistan as Top Country of World for Adventure Travel". www.lonelyplanet.com. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Pakistan allows visa on arrival for group of tourists from 24 Countries". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "1.75m tourists visited Pakistan in 2017, says PTDC". Dawn (newspaper). Associated Press of Pakistan. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Urooj Hussain (1 December 2017). "Destination Pakistan". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - A Guide For Travelers - The Tourist". The Tourist. 29 September 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Official website Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation- Homepage
- Tourism Development Corporation Of Punjab, Pakistan, Homepage
- Official Website For PTDC Motels Room Reservation
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tourism Development Corporation, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
- Tourism Development Corporation Of Sindh, Pakistan
- Tourist Attractions in Balochistan, Pakistan
- Baluchistan Tourism Development Corporation, Pakistan
- Tourism in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan
- PTDC Objectives and Facilities