Pakistan at the 1968 Summer Olympics
|Pakistan at the
1968 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Pakistan Olympic Association|
|in Mexico City|
|Flag bearer||Tariq Aziz|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Pakistan competed at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, Mexico. The only medal won was a gold medal in men's field hockey. The contingent included only 20 sports persons—18 hockey players and two wrestlers. Pakistan took part in only two disciplines at the Olympiad.
- Gold won in the men's field hockey team competition.
Men's Team Competition
- West Germany (1-0) after extra time
- Defeated Australia (2-1) for the gold medal.
Pakistan competed in Freestyle Wrestling at 1968 Summer Olympics. Those who competed include:
Men's bantamweight (up to 57kg)
- Sardar Mohammad
Men's lightweight (up to 70kg)
- Taj Mohammad
- "Official Olympic Reports - 1968 Mexico City Volumes". LA84 Foundation. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". Olympic.org. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
|This 1968 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|