Pakistani cricket team in Australia in 1972–73
The Pakistan national cricket team toured Australia in the 1972–73 season and played three Test matches against the Australian national cricket team. Australia won the series 3–0. Pakistan also visited Sri Lanka and played a match against the Sri Lankan national cricket team.
Test series summary
- 1st Test at Adelaide Oval – Australia won by an innings and 114 runs
- 2nd Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground – Australia won by 92 runs
- 3rd Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – Australia won by 52 runs
The Pakistan team had a stopover in Colombo en route to Australia and played a first-class match there between 9 and 11 November against the Sri Lankan national cricket team, which at that time did not have Test status. The match was drawn. Sri Lanka were captained by Michael Tissera and Pakistan by Intikhab Alam.
- "Sri Lanka v Pakistan 1972". CricketArchive. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877-1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, André Deutsch, 1993
|This article on an international cricket tour of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|