There is a population of Pakistanis in France, primarily of Punjabi origin from Punjab and Azad Kashmir. Large-scale Pakistani migration to France began in the 1970s; they clustered around the Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Denis in the 10th arrondissement of Paris, where many set up grocery stores and restaurants. According to the statistics of the Overseas Pakistanis Foundation, there were 50,000 Pakistanis in France as of 2004 . Other popular media estimates range from 40,000 to 70,000.
- ^ a b Year Book, 2004–2005 (PDF), Islamabad: Ministry of Labour, Manpower, and Overseas Pakistanis, retrieved 2009-04-08
- ^ a b c Chatterji, Miniya, "Redefining Boundaries? The Case of South Asian Muslims in Paris' quartier indien", South Asia Multidiscliplinary Academic Journal (1), retrieved 2009-04-08
- ^ Dickey, Christopher (2007-06-11), "Europe's Invisible Illegals", Newsweek, retrieved 2010-05-21
- ^ "France wary of its Pakistani Community", Agence France-Presse, 2005-08-08, retrieved 2009-04-08
- ^ Imam, Zürain (2005-01-02), "The man from Paris", Dawn, retrieved 2009-04-09
- ^ "Pakistani woman astronaut gears up for spaceflight", Times of India, 2007-10-21, retrieved 2010-05-21
- ^ Cave, Andrew (2009-02-08). "James Caan: A life in business". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- ^ http://www.mhwinvestments.com.