The park was built during the 1840s and was designed by Hans Ditlev Franciscus Linstow, who was the main architect of the palace. Two thousand trees were planted in 1848, but since then the park has been redeveloped several times, becoming simpler with larger but fewer paths and fewer creeks.
Statues in the Palace Park
- A statue of Charles XIV John of Sweden, located at the Palace Square. Sculpted by Brynjulf Bergslien.
- A statue of Queen Maud. Sculpted by Ada Madssen.
- A statue of Crown Princess Märtha. Sculpted by Kirsten Kokkin.
- A statue of Queen Sonja. Sculpted by Kirsten Kokkin.
- A statue of Camilla Collett. Sculpted by Gustav Vigeland.
- A statue of Nils Henrik Abel. Sculpted by Gustav Vigeland.
- Official website by The Royal House of Norway (in English)
- Statues in the Palace Park (The Royal House of Norway) (in English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Slottsparken (Royal Palace Park), Oslo.|