|• Total||28.13 km2 (10.86 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The name "Palamaner" originated from "Pallava Yeru", meaning lake dug by Pallavas. "Yeru" in Telugu means lake. Palamaner is also known as Milk City of South India.
Palamaner is located in Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh at  It has an average elevation of 683 meters (2,244 ft)..
The minimum temperature hovers between 12 and 28 degrees all round the year. The climate here varies seasonally and is invariably moderate which makes the inhabitants uncomplaining.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 498, 519. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Palmaner, India". fallingrain.com.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.