|Municipality of Palanas|
Map of Masbate with Palanas highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Rudy Alvarez Sr.|
|• Electorate||15,318 voters (2016)|
|• Total||171.10 km2 (66.06 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||150/km2 (400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
Palanas was created in 1951 from the barrios of Palanas, Nipa, Nabangig, Banco, Pina, Maanahao, Salvacion, Antipolo, Malatawan, Intusan, Miabas, San Antonio, Libtong, Malibas, Sta. Cruz, Bontod and Cabil-isan of Dimasalang. It annually celebrates "Pasayaw sa Leon" Festival (The Lion Dance Festival) every 19 December.
- Jose A. Abenir Sr. (Libtong)
- San Antonio
- San Carlos
- San Isidro
- Santa Cruz
|Population census of Palanas|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Palanas, Masbate, was 26,222 people, with a density of 150 inhabitants per square kilometre or 390 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Creating the Municipality of Palanas in the Province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|