|• Mayor||Muhammet Sunar|
|Area||667 km2 (258 sq mi)|
|• Density||270/km2 (690/sq mi)|
|Time zone||TRT (UTC+3)|
25070, 25080, 25090
Palandöken is a municipality and district of Erzurum Province, Turkey. Its area is 667 km2, and its population is 177,374 (2022). It covers the southern part of the urban area of Erzurum. It is named after Palandöken Mountain which is a ski resort. The district was created from part of the former central district of Erzurum in 2008.
The ice hockey venue Palandöken Ice Skating Hall was opened in 2008.
Neighbourhoods (Mahalle) are small administrative units within the municipalities, and are administered by the muhtar and the Neighborhood Seniors Council consisting of 4 members. Muhtar and the Senior Council are elected for 5 years at the local elections and are not affiliated with political parties. Neighborhoods are not an incorporation therefore do not hold government status. Muhtar, although being elected by the residents, acts merely as an administrator of the district governor. Muhtar can voice the neighborhood issues to the municipal hall together with the Seniors Council.
- "Address-based population registration system (ADNKS) results dated 31 December 2022, Favorite Reports" (XLS). TÜİK. Retrieved 12 July 2023.
- Büyükşehir İlçe Belediyesi, Turkey Civil Administration Departments Inventory. Retrieved 12 July 2023.
- "İl ve İlçe Yüz ölçümleri". General Directorate of Mapping. Retrieved 12 July 2023.
- Kanun No. 5747, Resmî Gazete, 22 March 2008.
- Mahalle, Turkey Civil Administration Departments Inventory. Retrieved 12 July 2023.