Palasa Main Road
White Gold City
|• Body||Palasa-Kasibugga Municipality, SUDA|
|• Total||42.75 km2 (16.51 sq mi)|
|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Palasa is a town in Srikakulam district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality and the mandal headquarters of Palasa mandal. It is located near to the National Highway 5 between Srikakulam and Berhampur. Along with its twin town Kasibugga
As of 2011[update] census of India, Palasa had a population of 57,507 with 25,000 households. (The total population constitute, 45,500 males and 30,000 females —a sex ratio of 1044 females per 1000 males.)?? 5,609 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,887 are boys and 2,722 are girls —a ratio of 943 girls per 1000 boys. The average literacy rate stands at 75.68% with 39,276 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
Government and politics
Palasa Municipality is a civic body constituted in the year 2000. It is spread over an area of 32.75 km2 (12.64 sq mi) with 23 wards. Palasa (Assembly constituency) in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.in Palasa (Assembly constituency) Palasa, Mandasa and Vajrapu Kotturu mandals comes under this jurisdiction.
There are more than 350 cashew processing industries around Palasa, the highest amongst the northern coastal districts. These twin cities are the largest cashew producing towns of Andhra Pradesh and are among the largest processing centres in India. The cashew industry provides direct and indirect employment to about 15,000 people in the surrounding areas.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "STATISTICAL INFORMATION OF ULBs & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 1. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Srikakulam district mandals" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. pp. 175, 209. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Leaders out to woo voters". 28 November 2007 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Palasa, India".
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "APEDA blueprint to improve cashew production".
- "palasa kasibugga – Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration". cdma.ap.gov.in.
- "APVVP.Hospitals" (PDF).
- "National Highways Development Project Map". National Highways Authority of India. Archived from the original on 22 April 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palasa.|