Palestine–United Kingdom relations
The United Kingdom maintains a consulate in Jerusalem which "provides public services and promotes British interests in Jerusalem and the Palestinian territories". The Foreign and Commonwealth Office states the "Consular district covers Jerusalem (West and East), the West Bank and Gaza. As well as work on the Middle East Peace Process and other political issues, the Consulate also promotes trade between the UK and the Palestinian territories and manages a programme of aid and development work. The latter is undertaken primarily by the DFID office in Jerusalem.".
Since the Six-Day War, the British government has been active to achieve a diplomatic settlement of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. The issue of a Palestinian state was raised already in July 1967 by Labour MP Paul Rose.
Possible recognition of Palestine
In September 2011, Britain said it would recognise Palestine as a state, but only with non-member observer status, rather than full membership, at the United Nations. In October 2014, the UK House of Commons passed a Motion which called on the Government to recognise Palestine as an independent state. Also in October 2014, the devolved government of Scotland called for recognition of Palestine as an independent state and for the UK to open an Embassy. UK opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn is a longtime advocate for Palestinian causes and has repeatedly pledged to recognize the country if elected 
- Our Consul General Archived 5 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine, website of the British Consulate-General, Jerusalem
- Country Profile: The Occupied Palestinian Territories Archived 24 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "BRICUP - British Committee for Universities for Palestine".
- "MIDDLE EAST (Hansard, 17 July 1967)".
- "Middle East: MT letter to King Hussein of Jordan (Jordan, Israel and the PLO) ["Your discussions are most important in bringing the PLO to face the reality of their position"] [released 2013]". Margaret Thatcher Foundation.
- Staff writers (18 September 2011). "UK only backs 'Observer' status for Palestine". PressTV. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "MPs back Palestinian statehood alongside Israel". BBC News. 14 October 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Calls to recognise Palestine". scotland.gov.uk. 12 October 2014. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "'Jeremy Corbyn promises to 'recognise Palestinian state as soon as we take office'".