Palestine at the 2004 Summer Olympics
|Palestine at the|
2004 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Palestine Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||3 in 2 sports|
|Flag bearer||Sanna Abubkheet|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
The Palestine Olympic Committee listed Sofia Sakorafa, a Greek-born former javelin world record holder who had recently obtained Palestinian citizenship, as part of its delegation. The International Olympic Committee, however, barred Sakorafa from competing, due to her failing to meet the qualifying standard.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Abdal Salam Al-Dabaji||800 m||1:53.86||8||Did not advance|
|Sanna Abubkheet||800 m||2:32.10||7||Did not advance|
|Rad Aweisat||100 m butterfly||1:01.60||59||Did not advance|
- "2004 Athens: Flag Bearers for the Opening Ceremony". Olympics. 13 August 2004. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Political Talk at the Olympic Village". The Daily Beast. 23 August 2004. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Greek bids for Palestinian team". BBC Sport. 11 May 2004. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Olympics: IOC Blocks Greek Javelin Champion's Olympic Comeback for Palestine". Agence France-Presse. 11 August 2004. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Palestinian javelin thrower ruled ineligible". NBC. 10 August 2004. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Athens 2004 Entry Standards". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.