Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
|الجهاز المركزي للإحصاء الفلسطيني|
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Officeholders whose status is disputed are shown in italics
The Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS; Arabic: الجهاز المركزي للإحصاء الفلسطيني) is the official statistical institution of the State of Palestine. Its main task is to provide credible statistical figures at the national and international levels. It is a state institution that provides service to the governmental, non – governmental and private sectors in addition to research institutions and universities. It is established as an independent statistical bureau. The PCBS publishes the Statistical Yearbook of Palestine and the Jerusalem Statistical Yearbook annually.
Besides general statistics, such as the Retail Price Index, the PCBS also carries out special projects. It conducted the first Palestinian census in 1997, although Israel prevented the national census team from surveying the population in East Jerusalem. In 2007, the second census was carried out. In the 2007 census, a limited census was carried out in East Jerusalem.
Also, the PCBS provided the 2003 "Survey on the Impact of separation Wall on the Location Where it Passed Through".
The PCBS publishes the Statistical Yearbook of Palestine and the Jerusalem Statistical Yearbook annually.
The PCBS has its main office in the Balu'a area of Ramallah. In October 2001, the building was raided by the Israeli Defence Forces. The soldiers confiscated hard drives and vandalized a number of the offices. In March and April 2002, its Fieldwork section in downtown Ramallah was raided four times; soldiers searched the apartments. 
- Legal Basis. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. Accessed February 2014
- Mission Statement. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. Accessed February 2014
- "Contact Us." Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved on 8 December 2018. "Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics P.O.Box 1647, Ramallah - Palestine Ramallah City, Ein Munjed Quarter, Tokyo St. opposite to UN premises and Ramallah Cultural Palace" - Arabic address: "المقر الرئيسيالجهاز المركزي للإحصاء الفلسطينيص.ب. 1647،رام الله، فلسطينرام الله – شارع طوكيو، مقابل قصر رام الله الثقافيالرقم المجاني: 1800300300"
- Population, Housing and Establishment Census 2007—Census Final Results Population Report Palestinian Territory, pp. , (English section). PCBS, March 2012
- Report on the Destruction to Palestinian Governmental Institutions in Ramallah see the section II. PNA Non-Ministerial Institutions: (Ramallah). Palestinian NGO Emergency Initiative in Jerusalem (PNEIJ), 22 April 2002.pdf: