Palimbang, Sultan Kudarat
|Municipality of Palimbang|
Map of Sultan Kudarat with Palimbang highlighted
|Region||Soccsksargen (Region XII)|
|Founded||August 14, 1959|
|Barangays||40 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Abubacar Pendatun Maulana|
|• Electorate||32,517 voters (2016)|
|• Total||484.85 km2 (187.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)64|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||194.2 million (2016)|
It was incorporated on August 14, 1959 through Executive Order No. 350 by President Carlos P. Garcia.
It celebrates their annual feast named Kalilang sa Biwang every 11 November.
The Malisbong Masjid Massacre, also called the Palimbang Massacre, was the mass murder of Muslim Moros on September 24, 1974, in the coastal village of Malisbong in Palimbang, Sultan Kudarat, Mindanao where units of Gov. Siongco and the Philippine Army killed more than 1,000. Accounts compiled by the Moro Women's Center in General Santos City state that 1,500 male Moros aged 11-70 were killed inside a mosque, 3,000 women and children aged 9-60 were detained - with the women being raped and that 300 houses were razed by the government forces. The massacre occurred two years after Ferdinand Marcos declared martial law in September 1972.
The massacre started after the first four days on the feast of Ramadan when members of the Philippine Constabulary arrived and captured barangay officials along with 1,000 other Muslims and never came back. For more than a month, the military would capture murder residents in the area by batch. Testimonies show that victims were made to strip of their clothes, dig their own graves and shot.
Palimbang is politically subdivided into 40 barangays.
- Baluan (Bulan)
- Colobe (Tagadtal)
- Datu Maguiales (Likuban)
- Kanipaan (converged with Sinangkangan)
- Lopoken (Lepolon)
- Namat (Namat Masla & Namat Padido converged)
- San Roque (Former Tibulos)
- Tibuhol (East Badiangon)
|Population census of Palimbang|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Sultan Kudarat". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Presidential Decree No. 341, s. 1973 | GOVPH". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|