Palimos ng Pag-ibig (TV series)
This article does not cite any sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Palimos ng Pag-ibig
|Created by||ABS-CBN Entertainment Dept.|
|Directed by||Wenn V. Deramas and|
|Theme music composer||George Canseco|
|Ending theme||"Hiram" by Zsa Zsa Padilla|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||33|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||March 5 –|
April 20, 2007
|Followed by||Hiram na Mukha|
Palimos ng Pag-ibig (International title: Begging for Love / transl. Love of Love) is a Philippine drama series aired by ABS-CBN. It is a remake of the 1986 film of the same name. The series is the first installment of Sineserye Presents.
Palimos ng Pag-ibig was first serialized in Komiks before it was translated in the big screen. Nerissa Cabral was the creator and writer of the story.
In this dog-eat-dog world, you either have to stand up and carve a living for yourself or risk getting trampled by others in the rat race called life. This is the dilemma Ditas (Kristine Hermosa) has faced each and every day of her life. Born to a destitute family, Ditas has resigned herself to the fact that her life will be a struggle; but, still having the strong resolve to make it in life, no matter what. As such, Ditas won't let her lowly stature in life hamper dreams of a promising future. She makes a living by selling her babies to the highest bidder, a lucrative job that was problem-free until a well-to-do couple approached her one-day and changed the rules of the game.
The picture-perfect couple Rodel (Diether Ocampo) and Fina (Rica Peralejo) are young, good-looking, rich. The couple couldn't wish for anything more since they seemingly have everything anyone could ever want. With one exception. Both Rodel and Fina are eager to start a family; unfortunately for them, it's an impossibility as Fina's medical condition prohibits her from bearing children. When they hear rumors about a certain babymaker, who happens to be Ditas, the couple sees an opportunity to finally fill the void in their lives.
Problems arise when Rodel perceives qualities in Ditas that he deems his wife is lacking. Soon, the casual business deal becomes entangled and a more intimate relationship develop between Rodel and Ditas. But how about Fina? Now, she must do everything to make the family whole again even if means having to beg Rodel for his once undivided love and affection.
Cast and characters
- Rica Peralejo as Fina Alcaraz - a successful OBGYN, who ironically helps other women conceive, yet is unable to do it for herself. Various medical complications prohibits her from having a baby, crushing her dreams of having her own kids. A loving wife to her husband, Rodel, she wishes nothing for him but his happiness.
- Kristine Hermosa as Ditas - born to a destitute family, she turns to the business of "baby-making" in order to build a more promising future for herself.
- Diether Ocampo as Rodel Alcaraz - Fina's loyal husband. Albeit a shrewd businessman, Rodel puts his family first and wishes for nothing else but to have a family of his own. But when a medical condition makes Fina barren, Rodel takes the inniative to contract a baby-maker to carry the child his wife cannot.
- Carlos Agassi as Dick - Rodel's business partner and best friend. He is happy-go-lucky and still strives to live a carefree bachelor's life even though he has a family already.
- Enchong Dee as Job - Fina's younger brother, a one-woman-man who idolizes his sister's husband very much.
- Desiree del Valle as Verna - Ditas' friend. Content with being somebody else's mistress, she paves the way for Ditas and Rodel to meet.
- Eugene Domingo as Mitos - Fina's friend whom she envies for having the "perfect" family. Bubbly and cheerful, she serves as the series' comic relief.
- DJ Durano as Paolo - the wayward man who gets Ditas pregnant and eventually forces her to sell their baby.
- Susan Africa as Tesang - Ditas' mother.
- Helga Krapf as Marichu - Ditas' sister, who incidentally is also Job's girlfriend.
- Yuuya Kadooka as Reggie Alcaraz - Ditas and Rodel's son.