From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up palimpsest or Palimpsest in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Palimpsest is a manuscript page from a scroll or book that has been scraped off and used again.
Palimpsest may also refer to:
- Palimpsest (geology), a geographical feature composed of superimposed structures created at different times
- Palimpsest (novel), a fantasy novel by Catherynne M. Valente
- Palimpsest (novella), a science fiction novella by Charles Stross
- Palimpsest (planetary astronomy), a crater on an icy moon of the outer solar system whose surface relief has largely disappeared
- Palimpsest (software) or GNOME Disks, a Linux disk utility
- The Palimpsest, a history journal of the State Historical Society of Iowa
- Palimpsest (memoir), a memoir by Gore Vidal
- "Palimpsest", a composition by Iannis Xenakis
- "Palimpsests", an orchestral composition by George Benjamin
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Palimpsest.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.