|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The minor princely state in Jhalawar prant was ruled by Kathi Chieftains. It comprised the town and sixteen other villages and had a combined population of 6,970 in 1901, yielding a state revenue of 43,699 Rupees (1903-4, mostly from land) and paid a tribute of 1,213 Rupees, to the British and Junagadh State.
There are primary, secondary and higher secondary schools in the village: Paliyad Gujarati Shala, Shri paliyad madhyamik and ucchatar madhayamik highschool and Shree sarswati vidhyalaya paliyad
The S. J. Patel Sarvajanik Hospital serves the medical needs of the residents of the village. Many residents of surrounding villages also take the benefit of this facility.
There are several major temples scattered throughout the village.
- Varahi Mata Temple
- Ramji Temple (newly renovated)
- Ambaji Temple
- Gayatri Temple
- Mahakali Temple
- Mahadev Temple
- Khodiyar Temple
- Jhogani Temple
- In Paliyad Raval Kuldevi Temple - Kuldevi Name Sullai Maa.....as Paresh Raval is from Paliyad...
- Sureshbhai Patel (MLA)
- Kalidas Punjiram Patel (Batiya Vas- Former Dep. Sarpanch & Present Oldest Person Paliad Origin)
- Arvindbhai Gandabhai Patel (MLA 2012 GUJARAT ASSEMBLY - Dalal)
- Hiral Patel is well-known cricketer in Canadian cricket team.
- Indian actor and comedian Paresh Rawal was born in Paliad
- Patel as a last name is the most population in this village but half of Patel lives out of India mostly in the USA.
- Ako Patel Future CM of Gujarat
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|