|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|LGA(s)||City of Townsville|
Pallarenda has a number of sites on the Queensland Heritage Register, including:
Pallarenda has a boat ramp that provides direct access to the beach, and a permanent stinger enclosure, both in Pallarenda Park. To the south of Pallarenda there is a horse exercise beach and a dog off-leash area. There are a number of picnic and barbecue areas throughout the suburb.
Some of the features include:
- rolling green parklands
- off-leash dog walking area (Beach Access 11)
- play gyms
- walking tracks
- kitesurfing lessons (Beach Access 15)
- kiteboarding from beach access 14-18
- stand-up paddle surfing
- Waterfront accommodation & caravan park (Rowes Bay)
- boat ramp up to 3 tonne (Beach Access 20)
- free electric BBQs
- only classic wood BBQs left in Townsville
- estuary fishing- 3 Mile Creek
- miles of pristine beaches
- views to Magnetic Island
- Townsville Town Common Nature Reserve
- old Fort "Pill Box" gun placement
- pots for family BBQs or picnics with shaded kiosks and rassed areas under huge paperbarks
- basketball half court
- toilets and showers at beach access points that are maintained daily by council staff.
- beach volleyball
- "Pallarenda (entry 44623)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Cape Pallarenda Quarantine Station (former) (entry 602133)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|