Pallastunturi fells is a group of seven fells in the municipalities of Muonio and Enontekiö in Lapland, Finland. The highest peak is 809-metre (2,654 ft) Taivaskero, which is also highest peak of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park and whole Lapland excluding Käsivarsi area. The fells are located in Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park which was originally established in 1938. Pallastunturi fells are one of the 27 National landscapes of Finland.
1952 Olympic flame
A second Olympic flame of the 1952 Summer Olympics was lit on the top of Taivaskero fell in the midnight of 6 July 1952. It was lit by the rays of Midnight sun and carried to Tornio where it was joined to the main flame lit in Olympia, Greece. The Greek flame was carried to Finland on a torch relay via Denmark and Sweden.
- Sights around Pallastunturi Fell Outdoors.fi. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Meaningful National Landscape.
- Pallas Lapland Hotels. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- FACTS & FIGURES All the information from all Olympic Torch Relays so far Olympic.org. Retrieved 8 February 1952.
- Media related to Pallastunturi at Wikimedia Commons
|This Lapland (Finland) location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|