|• Body||Town Panchayat|
|Elevation||154 m (505 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||(91)44 - 2784|
Pallipattu is a town in Tiruvallur district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is located 113 kilometres (70 miles) from Chennai, 40 kilometres ( 25 miles) from Chittoor , 51 kilometres (32 miles) from Tirupathi, 36 kilometres (22 miles) from Tiruttani, 50 kilometres (32 miles) from Arakkonam and border place of the state of Andhra Pradesh
Pallipat is located at  It has an average elevation of 154 metres (505 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Pallipattu had a population of 8,650. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Pallipattu has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 63%.
There are many schools in the town to provide education to people of Pallipat and surrounding villages. The medium of instruction in these schools are in Tamil, Telugu and English. The schools are :
- St. Mary's Matriculation School
- P.U.Elementary School (Main)
- P.U. Ele. School, Dalavaipattadai
- P.U. Ele. School, Anjaneya Nagar
- Government High School For Boys
- Government High School For Girls
- Government Higher Sec. School
- saai Sri Matric. Hr. Sec. School
- st.Mary's High School For Girls
There are many development projects coming up in this area like Government Arts college and Railway Station that connects chennai to Chittor.
The Andhra Pradesh and Madras Alteration of Boundaries Act, enacted in 1959 by the Parliament of India under the provisions of article 3 of the constitution, went into effect from 1 April 1960. Under the act, Tirutani taluk and Pallipattu sub-taluk of the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh were transferred to Madras State in exchange for territories from the Chingelput (Chengalpattu and Salem Districts.
Pallipattu was a state assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu from 1977 to 2007 and after that, Pallipattu became part of Tiruttani (State Assembly Constituency). Also it is part of and Arakkonam (Lok Sabha constituency).
DEEPAM WELFARE TRUST INDIA is an NGO that is Running here for Women Empowerment, Child Education, Standup Against Poverty, Tuition Centres, And Health Centres. Running By Adv.R.Manova B.A.,B.L
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pallipattu
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.