The group includes:
- Administratively, Apataki and Kaukura atolls belong to the commune of Arutua, with a total population of 1510 inhabitants.
- Toau, Niau, and Fakarava, belong to the commune of Fakarava. The total population is of 1800 inhabitants.
- The commune of Rangiroa consists of 3 atolls: Rangiroa itself, Tikehau and Mataiva, and a separate island (Makatea). The total population is of 3467 inhabitants.
- Samuel Augustus Mitchell, An accompaniment to Mitchell's map of the world on Mercator's projection
- A New Voyage Round the World in the Years 1823 - 24, For the Palliser Islands discovered by Captain Cook
|This French Polynesia-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|