Palm is a smartphone running the Android operating system, announced on October 15, 2018 and that will be available exclusively through Verizon in the United States from November 2018. Palm is developed, designed, and marketed by Palm Ventures Group, a San Francisco-based start up founded by Dennis Miloseski and Howard Nuk. Palm Ventures is financially backed by Chinese electronics company TCL that owns the Palm trademark, originally of Palm, Inc.
Palm is marketed as "an ultra-mobile companion" device that is meant to be used in conjunction with a regular smartphone—positioning it as a cross-over between a wearable and a smartphone. It features a 3.3-inch display, very small by industry standards at the time, and is also very lightweight.
|Operating System||Android 8.1|
|Processor||Qualcomm® 435 Snapdragon processor. Octa-core CPU|
|Sensors||G-Sensor, Glonass GPS, Proximity, E-compass, Gyro|
|Connectivity||4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2 low energy
WLAN 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), non
|Display||3.3" 445 ppi LCD|
|Glass||Impact resistant front and rear Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Rear camera||12 MP (with flash)|
|Front camera||8 MP|
|Construction||Crafted billet aluminum mid-frame|
|IP rating||IP68 water and dust resistant|
|Audio||Dual purpose speaker|
|Battery||800mAh non-removable battery
(All-day battery life*, 3+ day standby time)
|SIM||Non-removable nano SIM|
|Size||50.6 x 96.6 x 7.4mm|
|Colors||Two: Gold and Titanium|
- "TCL Acquires Palm Brand, Preps for Comeback". PCMag UK. 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". www.pressreader.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Kleinman, Zoe (2018-10-16). "Tiny Palm smartphone baffles gadget fans". BBC News. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "The new Palm is a tiny phone to keep you away from your phone". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- "Palm | PRODUCT". blank-template. Retrieved 2018-10-19.