Palm Beach Currumbin High School
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Palm Beach Currumbin State High School|
Thrower Drive, Currumbin 4223|
Gold Coast, Queensland
|Motto||Nil Sed Optima|
|Executive Principal||Chris Capra|
Red, White and Blue|
Palm Beach Currumbin State High School  (PBC High School or PBC) is an independent co-educational public school (government funded), in the Gold Coast suburb of Currumbin, Queensland, Australia. PBC is Queensland’s southern most coastal High school and caters for a large catchment area of students.
Academic Excellence was established in 2001, specifically created for students who desire to achieve the most out of their scholastic studies. Students that participate study a modified curriculum to further streamline their progression into the senior school.
Creative Arts Excellence
The Creative Arts Excellence program focuses on developing ambition, artistry and academia in students. The program includes specialised skills training, arts showcases and projects.
In 1996, the Sports Excellence program was created to allow students in years 8-12 excelling in sport to play and train at a more professional level. The program helps students develop as athletes as well as the fair play and leadership aspects that accompany it. ‘Sport Ex’ is taken as 1 of 6 chosen subjects, which enables more time per week in the program. Sports Excellence now accommodates students in AFL, Basketball, Kayaking, Netball, Soccer, Rugby League, Tennis, Track & Field, Surfing and Touch Football.
The school was used for the TV series Mortified around 2005 - 2007. In the first series, the school was used as Sunburn Beach Primary, and, in the second series, was used as Driftwood High School.
- Clint Amos – former North Queensland and Gold Coast Titans player
- Scott Anderson – former Melbourne, Brisbane and Wakefield Trinity player
- Darius Boyd – player for the Brisbane Broncos and Australian international
- Cameron Cullen – former Gold Coast Titans and Manly player
- Brad Davis – former Gold Coast Titans player
- Kane Elgey – player for the Gold Coast Titans
- Jamal Fogarty – former Gold Coast Titans player
- Luke Garner - player for the Wests Tigers
- Ben Hannant – former Sydney Roosters, Brisbane, Canterbury and North Queensland player and Australian international
- Keegan Hipgrave – player for the Gold Coast Titans
- Jahrome Hughes – player for the Melbourne Storm
- Justin Hunt – former South Sydney, Parramatta, St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers player
- Ben Ikin – former Gold Coast Seagulls, North Sydney and Brisbane player and Australian international
- Sam Irwin – former Gold Coast Titans and Featherstone player
- Ryan James – captain of the Gold Coast Titans
- Kevin Kingston – former Cronulla, Parramatta and Penrith player
- Tom Kingston – former Gold Coast Titans player
- Karl Lawton – player for the New Zealand Warriors
- Kayne Lawton – former Gold Coast Titans and AS Carcassonne player
- Will Matthews – player for the Gold Coast Titans
- Steve Michaels – former Brisbane, Gold Coast Titans and Hull F.C. player
- Luke O'Dwyer – former Parramatta and Gold Coast Titans player
- Dimitri Pelo – former Catalans Dragons and Canberra player and French international
- Lloyd Perrett – player for the Manly Sea Eagles
- Sam Perrett – former Sydney Roosters and Canterbury player and New Zealand international
- Kevin Proctor – player for the Gold Coast Titans and New Zealand international
- Jordan Rankin – player for the Huddersfield Giants
- Jordan Rapana – player for the Canberra Raiders and New Zealand international
- Ryan Simpkins – player for the Gold Coast Titans
- Andrew Tangata-Toa – former Newcastle and St George player
- David Tangata-Toa – former Hull KR and Celtic Crusaders player
- Cody Walker – player for the South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Shannon Walker – former Gold Coast Titans player and Australia rugby sevens international
- Anthony Watts – former Cronulla, North Queensland and Widnes player
- Craig Weston – former Gold Coast Seagulls, Eastern Suburbs, South Queensland, Huddersfield, Doncaster and Widnes player
- Claye Beams – player for the Brisbane Lions
- Dayne Beams – player for the Brisbane Lions
- Sam Gilbert – player for St Kilda
- Marc Lock – former Gold Coast Suns player
- Joel Wilkinson – former Gold Coast Suns player
- Mick Fanning – former three-time ASP World Tour champion
- Joel Parkinson – one-time ASP World Tour champion
- Drew Anthony – performer, director, choreographer and producer
- "Palm Beach Currumbin SHS". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Academic Excellence". Palm Beach Currumbin State High. Queensland Government. 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Creative Arts Excellence". Palm Beach Currumbin State High. Queensland Government. 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Sports Excellence". Palm Beach Currumbin State High. Queensland Government. 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.