Palm Treo Pro
|Release date||January 5, 2009|
|Operating system||Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional|
|CPU||CDMA version: 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7501A ARM11|
GSM version: 400 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201 ARM11
|Memory||128 MB DRAM|
|Storage||Flash memory: 512 MB (CDMA version) or 256 MB (GSM version)|
microSDHC slot: supports up to 32 GB
|Display||320 x 320 px, 3.5 in (89 mm), 65,536 color LCD|
|Camera||2 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, MicroUSB, A-GPS|
CDMA version includes: Dual band CDMA2000/EV-DO Rev. A 800 1900 MHz
GSM version includes: Quad band GSM 850 900 1800 1900 MHz GPRS/EDGE and Tri band UMTS/HSDPA 850, 1900, 2100 MHz
|Power||3.7 V 1500 mAh|
Internal rechargeable removable lithium-ion battery
|Dimensions||4.49 in (114 mm) (h)|
2.36 in (60 mm) (w)
0.53 in (13 mm) (d)
|Mass||4.69 oz (133 g)|
The phone originally was released in an unlocked GSM format. The updated release of the phone for CDMA networks featured new hardware specifications including a more powerful processor, more storage, and less user-available RAM.
- Mobile phone, CDMA model with 800/1900-MHz bands, with EV-DO Rev.A data. Unlocked GSM model also available
- Built-in GPS with both Assisted and Standalone modes
- Qualcomm Dual-Core MSM7501A at 528 MHz processor (400 MHz Qualcomm on GSM networks)
- 300 MB user-available non-volatile storage (105 MB on GSM networks)
- 128 MB DDR RAM (approximately 65 MB user-available on GSM, 45 MB user-available on CDMA)
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- 2.36 in (W) x 4.49 in (L) x 0.53 in (D)
- 4.69 ounces
- 320x320 TFT flush touchscreen display
- Supports MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Built-In Bluetooth 2.0 EDR with stereo support
- 2-megapixel digital camera
- Built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- 1500mAh Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery.
- Infrared port
- Current CDMA Firmware: Version 1.04
The Treo Pro supports A2DP, which allows the user to stream music to a supported device wirelessly over Bluetooth. In addition the device comes with a 3.5mm standard headphone jack. The GSM version of the phone comes packed with a stereo-headset, while the CDMA phone does not. The battery is removable.
The touchscreen is flush with the surface of the phone, a first in the Palm line of products. The full QWERTY keyboard is in the same style as that of the Palm Centro, with a textured, rubberized feel. It is roughly 10% wider than the Centro's keyboard.
The familiar ringer switch is located, as expected, on the top of the device. It switches the phone from having sounds on to a vibrate only mode instantly.
GSM: Vodafone (UK), Telstra (Australia)
Vodafone (UK) was the first carrier to officially use the Treo Pro. Also: Telstra (Australia) & Telecom NZ (from May 2009) although the phone is available unlocked as well. M1 (Singapore) began selling the Treo Pro in 2010.
CDMA: Bell Mobility & Telus (Canada), Alltel, Sprint Nextel (US)
Bell Mobility & Telus in Canada, and Alltel and Sprint Nextel in the US, picked up the Treo Pro in March 2009. The device could also be purchased at list price (about $450) and used on Verizon's network in the US.