Palmeira, Cape Verde
The Port of Palmeira, one of three of the island's ports
|Civil parish||Nossa Senhora das Dores|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
Palmeira is a town in the northwestern part of the island of Sal, Cape Verde. In 2010 its population was 1,420. The town is situated on the west coast, about 4 km west of the island capital Espargos. Located at Baía de Palmeira, a small bay south of the village, it is home to the main port of the island of Sal. It is the third busiest port of Cape Verde in freight traffic.
- "2010 Census results". Instituto Nacional de Estatística Cabo Verde (in Portuguese). 24 November 2016.
- Cabo Verde, Statistical Yearbook 2015, Instituto Nacional de Estatística, p. 32-33
- Porto da Palmeira, ENAPOR
- Ray Almeida. "A History of Ilha do Sal". Archived from the original on 6 February 2016.
- Jacques-Nicolas Bellin (1747). "Carte des Isles du Cap Verd = Kaart van de Eilanden van Kabo Verde" (in French).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palmeira.|