Arnold Palmer Cup
|Location||2016: Formby, Merseyside, England|
|Course(s)||2016: Formby Golf Club|
|Month played||June (2016)|
|2016 Arnold Palmer Cup|
The Arnold Palmer Cup is an annual team golf competition between American college golfers and European college/university golfers. Until 2016, it was known as the Palmer Cup. The teams are selected on the basis of nationality, not according to the location of the players' universities. Many of the European players attend American universities as sports scholarships have never been a feature of the university system in Europe. From 1997 to 2002 the United States played Great Britain & Ireland rather than the whole of Europe. Originally contested between eight-man teams, the rosters expanded to ten per side in 2013.
The current format consists of five four-ball matches, five foursome matches, and two sets of ten singles matches for 30 points overall.
From 2018 there will be two major changes. The teams will be mixed-sex and will consist of 12 men and 12 women. In addition the Europe team will be replaced by an International team covering all players with citizenship outside the United States.
Of the 20 matches, the United States team has won 10, the European/Great Britain and Ireland team has won 9, with 1 match tied.
- 2017 – Atlanta Athletic Club (Johns Creek, Georgia) June 9–11
- 2018 – Evian Resort Golf Club (Évian-les-Bains, France) July 6–8 
- 2019 – The Alotian Club (Roland, Arkansas) June 7–9 
- 2020 – Lahinch Golf Club (Lahinch, Ireland) July 3–5 
Michael Carter award
The Michael Carter Award was inaugurated in 2002. On February 13, 2002, former Penn State University golfer Michael Carter died in an automobile accident at the age of 19. "The Michael Carter “Junior” Memorial Award is presented to the Arnold Palmer Cup participant from each team who best represents the qualities and ideals that made this young man unique."
The following competitors have subsequently played in either the Ryder Cup or the Presidents Cup: Ben Curtis, Luke Donald (2), Rickie Fowler, Lucas Glover (2), Bill Haas (2), J. J. Henry, J. B. Holmes, Dustin Johnson, Chris Kirk, Matt Kuchar (2), Hunter Mahan, Graeme McDowell (2), Francesco Molinari, Thomas Pieters, Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker, Oliver Wilson (3).
- Walker Cup
- NCAA Division I Men's Golf Championships
- NCAA Division II Men's Golf Championships
- NCAA Division III Men's Golf Championships
- "Arnold Palmer and GCAA Announce Changes to Arnold Palmer Cup". Golf Coaches Association of America. May 25, 2015.
- "Michael Carter Award". Arnold Palmer Cup. Retrieved September 21, 2016.