Palmer Park Mall
|Location||Palmer Township, Pennsylvania|
|Address||123 Palmer Park Mall|
Easton, PA, USA
|Owner||Cityview Commercial LLC|
|No. of stores and services||55|
|No. of anchor tenants||2 (1 open, 1 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||457,734 square feet (42,524.9 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
|Public transit access||LANTA bus: 106, 216, 217|
The Palmer Park Mall is an indoor one-story shopping mall of 457,734 square feet (42,524.9 m2) located in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania, in the United States. The mall is located at the intersection of PA Route 248 (Nazareth Road) and Park Avenue in Palmer Township, Northampton County.
The mall has over 50 stores and is anchored by Boscov's 192,110 square feet (17,848 m2). The shopping mall is owned by Cityview Commercial LLC.
Palmer Park Mall primarily serves as the main shopping mall for residents of the Easton area, including the townships of Bethlehem, Forks, Palmer, and Williams, and the boroughs of Glendon, West Easton, and Wilson.
The mall also serves as a designated "metro transit center" for several LANTA Metro bus routes, where riders can transfer to different routes.
Palmer Park Mall opened in 1972 with 350,000 square feet (33,000 m2) of retail space. Hess's and Clover department stores were the original two anchors of the mall. The mall underwent a renovation in 1982.
The mall experienced a decline in business during the 1990s, but this was turned around with introduction of the Boscov's and other stores. In 1994, the Hess's store closed and became a Bon-Ton. The Clover department store closed its doors in 1996.
The fortunes of the mall changed for the better in October 1998 with the opening of Boscov's, which took over the space of the old Clover location. The retail space was also expanded an additional 90,000 sq ft (8,400 m2). to accommodate Boscov's, bringing the total retail space of the mall up to 453,000 sq ft (42,100 m2).
In January 2015, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust announced that it was planning on selling Palmer Park Mall along with four other malls. On February 23, 2016, Cityview Commercial LLC purchased the mall for $18 million, with plans to improve the mall.
- Boscov's (1998-) (192,110 ft.²)
- Clover (1972-1996, replaced by Boscov's)
- Hess's (1972-1994, replaced by The Bon-Ton)
- The Bon-Ton (1994-2018)
- "Palmer Park Mall Fact Sheet" (PDF). PREIT. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust Secures Boscov's Department Store To Co-Anchor Shopping Center in Lehigh Valley" (Press release). Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust. 1998-04-09. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- "Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust · 424B5 · On 12/19/97". SEC.INFO. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
Palmer Park Mall. Palmer Park Mall is a 349,000 square foot, enclosed mall located in Easton, Pennsylvania, one mile north of U.S. Route 22 on Pennsylvania Route 248. The center, which opened in 1972 and was expanded and redeveloped in 1982, is located on a 50-acre site, with 59 in-line stores (including an Eckerd Drug Store) anchored by The Bon-Ton. Negotiations with a second anchor to replace a former Clover store are underway. Substantial redevelopment planning is proceeding with the purchase by the partnership owning the mall of the Clover building and the renovation of the Clover building. The Company has a 50% interest in the partnership which owns the mall.
- Ford, William J. (13 July 2000). "NEW STORES BREATHE LIFE INTO PALMER PARK MALL OPENING TODAY OF VICTORIA'S SECRET WOMEN'S RETAILER HELPS FILL VACANCIES". The Morning Call. p. B05.
There is a lot more traffic in the mall with [Boscov]'s, and it will increase with Victoria's Secret,` said Geza Kardos of Salisbury Township, a manager at The Wall music store beside Boscov's. `It definitely helps us." Jennifer Rippert, an assistant manager at Plumb Gold jewelers, which is adjacent to Victoria's Secret, said even with Boscov's and the mall renovations she still hasn't seen much of a change. Boscov's "was the real catalyst in the mall and getting it back on its feet," [Sheryl Dougherty] said. "That is when we started to get more retailers interested in the mall.
- Salerno, Allison (11 September 1994). "MALL STORES HOPE BON-TON BRINGS GOOD TIMES AS IT REPLACES HESS'S". The Morning Call. p. D01.
- Hay, Bryan (21 November 1997). "RETAILER MAY MOVE TO PALMER PARK MALL * READING-BASED BOSCOV'S CONSIDERING OPENING A STORE IN THE FORMER CLOVER BUILDING THAT CLOSED ITS DOORS IN 1996". The Morning Call. p. A25.
The vacant Clover store at Palmer Park Mall is one of many mid-Atlantic sites under consideration by Boscov's, the Reading-based retailer said Thursday.
- "Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust Announces Additional Philadelphia Acquisition and $20 Million Palmer Park Mall Financing" (Press release). Pennsylvania Real Investment Trust. 1999-01-12. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- Kraus, Scott (January 5, 2015). "For sale: Palmer Park Mall". The Morning Call. Allentown, PA. Retrieved January 10, 2015.
- Harris, Jon (February 24, 2016). "New owners to jazz up Palmer Park Mall". The Morning Call. Allentown, PA. Retrieved April 18, 2016.