Palmiet Nature Reserve
|Palmiet Nature Reserve|
|Location||Westville, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
|Area||90 ha (220 acres)|
|Governing body||Ethekwini Metropolitan Municipality|
Palmiet Nature Reserve is located in Westville, a town located ten kilometres from Durban, South Africa. The reserve is made up of a wide variety of natural habitats ranging from forests to grassland. Hundreds of bird species have been recorded and the tree list is extensive. There are a number of self-guided trails that include river crossings.
Igwalagwala Cliff, found in the reserve, is a site of archaeological significance as it has evidence of prehistoric human habitation.
- "Palmiet Nature Reserve | Durban". Show Me. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Herman B. (August 2012). "Palmiet Nature Reserve Birds". Palmiet Nature Reserve. Archived from the original on 29 July 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- "Palmiet Nature Reserve". SA-Venues.com. Archived from the original on 2016-06-27. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Palmiet Nature Reserve
- Palmiet Nature Reserve, Durban
- WildAtlas - Palmiet Nature Reserve Walks, KwaZulu Natal. Information & tips for hikers.
|This ecology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|