Palmwoods railway station
Southbound view in July 2012
|Location||Chevallum Road, Palmwoods|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||Queensland Rail|
|Distance||96.25 kilometres from Central|
|Status||Staffed morning peak|
|Fare zone||go card 6|
Palmwoods station opened in 1891. The station today consists of one platform with a wooden structure. In 2009, the platform was extended at both its northern and southern ends with scaffolding and plywood materials. Initially intended as an interim arrangement until a permanent extension was built, the temporary platform remains.
Palmwoods has two passing loops on its western side, with one disused, as well as another that runs behind the platform on its eastern side.
Palmwoods is serviced by City network services to Brisbane, Nambour and Gympie North. To relieve congestion on the single track North Coast line, the rail service is supplemented by a bus service operated by Kangaroo Bus Lines on weekdays between Caboolture and Nambour as route 649.
Services by platform
|1||Sunshine Coast||Caboolture, Brisbane Roma Street, Nambour & Gympie North|||
|Springfield Central & Ipswich||Peak hours only|
- Environmental Protection Agency (Queensland) (2000). Heritage Trails of the Great South East. State of Queensland. p. 134. ISBN 0-7345-1008-X.
- Works commence on North Coast platform extensions Queensland Rail 10 August 2009
- Travellers blast lack of funding Sunshine Coast Daily 2 February 2012
- Sunshine Coast line timetable TransLink
- Route 649 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Palmwoods Platform 1 TransLink