|Motto||Learning for Success|
|President||Joi Lin Blake|
|1,100 as of fall 2003|
Main: San Marcos,
|Campus||Main: Urban; 200 acres (81 ha)|
|Colors||Scarlet and silver|
Palomar College is a community college with one campus, three centers and four education sites in San Diego County, California, United States. The main campus is located in San Marcos, while the three centers and four education sites are located elsewhere throughout north San Diego County. The largest of these by student population is the education center located in Escondido. Two new centers will be opening in Rancho Bernardo and Fallbrook for summer 2018 classes. The South Education Center in Rancho Bernardo is located on 27 acres at 11111 Rancho Bernardo Road and the North Education Center in Fallbrook is located on 81 acres at 35090 Horse Ranch Creek Road. Other education sites are located at Camp Pendleton, Fallbrook High School, the Pauma Indian Reservation, and at Ramona High School.
The Palomar Community College District's facilities improvement measure, Proposition M, was passed by 57% of voters in the November 8, 2006 General Election. As a result, the $694 million provided by the measure, as well as over $200 million in matching funds from the State and an additional $37 million from Proposition 1D, is providing for the implementation of the college's Master Plan 2022.
In 2009, the college developed an "Integrated Planning, Evaluation, and Resource Allocation Decision-Making Model (IPM). This IPM aligns the college's long-range Master Plan, its mid-range Strategic Plan, and its short-range Program Review and Planning processes while also incorporating the new Resource Allocation Model (RAM).
Palomar College offers 250 associate's degrees and certificate programs, and also offers programs for students wishing to transfer to many different four-year universities, including institutions in the University of California and California State University systems.
- Academic divisions:
- Arts, Media, Business Administration
- Career, Technical and Extended Education
- Languages and Literature
- Mathematics and The Natural and Health Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Media, newspapers and magazines
- Palomar College Newspaper – The Telescope
- Palomar College Radio – KKSM
- Palomar College Television – PCTV (shares airtime with ITV Cable 16)
- Palomar College Lifestyle Magazine – IMPACT
Associated Student Government
The Governing Board of the Palomar Community College District has authorized the students of the District to organize a student body association named "Associated Students of the Palomar Community College District". The association is required by law to "encourage students to participate in the governance of the college".
The governing body of the association is named "Associated Student Government" (ASG). The ASG is a student-run organization at Palomar that strives to create a better campus for its students. Members of the ASG serve on campus-wide shared-governance committees and hiring committees, lobby State and Federal representatives on student issues, attend leadership conferences, and are responsible for Comet Week, Springfest, and some campus-wide activities. Members of the ASG have opportunities to attend conferences, special on-campus parking, and serve on campus wide committees as the "voice of the students."
The Associated Students is a voting member of a statewide community college student organization named Student Senate for California Community Colleges. The statewide Student Senate is authorized by law "to advocate before the Legislature and other state and local governmental entities".
There are many student run clubs at Palomar College, including:
- Anime Club
- Archaeology Club
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Palomar LGBTQ & Allies
- Geoscience Connection
- Palomar College Democrats
- Phi Theta Kappa (No Longer has Club Status, (Defunct Chapter and is not active) 
- Photography Club
- Pre-Med Club
- Speech & Debate Club
- Environmental Student Organization
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Among the largest, most comprehensive and diverse programs in the state, the intercollegiate athletic program at Palomar College consists of a combined 22 men's and women's sports teams, averaging over 450 participating student athletes per year.
- Men’s and women’s
- Water polo
- Cross country
- Other Sports
- Track and Field.
- James Hoyt (baseball) – MLB pitcher currently playing for the Houston Astros.
- Todd Bankhead – American football player
- Joey Beltran – professional mixed martial artist for Bellator Fighting Championships, formerly fighting for King of the Cage, Strikeforce, and UFC
- Travis Browne – professional MMA fighter, current UFC heavyweight contender, played basketball for Palomar.
- Tom Dempsey – former NFL kicker best known for his record 63 yard field goal with the New Orleans Saints.
- Ryan Dahl - Software Engineer, Inventor of Node.JS.
- Pita Elisara – American football offensive lineman
- Lina Fanene – American professional wrestler for WWE.
- Candi Kubeck – captain of ValuJet Flight 592, which crashed into the Florida Everglades on May 11, 1996.
- Matt Chico – MLB pitcher currently with the Washington Nationals.
- Ken Block – Rally Car driver, and founder of DC Shoes.
- Brett Salisbury – college football quarterback and author of the Transform Diet.
- Tom Luginbill – college football quarterback and college football analyst for ESPN.
- Jesse Taylor (attended) – Junior College State Champion in 2004; current MMA fighter
- Kenbrell Thompkins – NFL wide receiver currently with the New England Patriots. Left school after one year.
- Saalim Hakim – NFL wide receiver currently with the New York Jets.
- "California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office – Data Mart". Datamart.cccco.edu. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- Palomar Community College District Accreditation Follow-Up Report. March 2010.
- Palomar Community College District Policy BP 5400 Archived 2013-07-24 at the Wayback Machine., adopted April 8, 2008.
- Section 76060 of the California Education Code. Retrieved 2018-6-8.
- See "Associated Student Government" in Article III – Structure, Section 1 Archived 2013-01-31 at the Wayback Machine. of the association's constitution.
- Section 76060.5 of the California Education Code. Retrieved 2018-6-8.
- French, Katy. "Phi Theta Kappa at Palomar College | Alpha Omega Rho Chapter". Clubs.palomar.edu. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Joey Beltran MMA Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Browne continues to add wrinkles to game – MMA Blog – ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Travis Browne UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Jesse Taylor MMA Bio". Archived from the original on 2014-08-19. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Palomar College Website
- Palomar Community College Library
- Palomar Community College Newspaper – The Telescope
- Palomar Community College Radio – KKSM
- Palomar Community College Student Government – Associated Student Government
- "Existing District Facilities", pages 19 – 40, Palomar Community College District Master Plan 2022, August 2003.