Motto in English
|Learning for Success|
|Established||September 23, 1946|
|President||Jack S. Kahn (acting)|
1140 West Mission Road,
|Colors||Scarlet and silver|
Palomar College is a public community college in San Diego County, California. The main campus is in San Marcos and three centers and four education sites are located elsewhere throughout north San Diego County. The largest of these by student population is the education center located in Escondido. In 2018, satellite campuses in Rancho Bernardo and Fallbrook opened. The South Education Center in Rancho Bernardo is located on 27 acres at 11111 Rancho Bernardo Road, and the North Education Center in Fallbrook is located on 81 acres at 35090 Horse Ranch Creek Road. Other education sites are located at Camp Pendleton, the Pauma Indian Reservation, and at Ramona High School.
Palomar College offers 250 associate's degrees and certificate programs, and also offers programs for students wishing to transfer to many different four-year universities, including institutions in the University of California and California State University systems. These programs are organized into five academic divisions:
- Arts, Media, Business Administration
- Career, Technical and Extended Education
- Languages and Literature
- Mathematics and The Natural and Health Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- IMPACT, lifestyle magazine
- KKSM, radio
- PCTV (shares airtime with ITV Cable 16), television
- The Telescope, college newspaper
Associated Student Government
The Governing Board of the Palomar Community College District has authorized the students of the District to organize a student body association named "Associated Students of the Palomar Community College District". The association is required by law to "encourage students to participate in the governance of the college".
The governing body of the association is named "Associated Student Government" (ASG). The ASG is a student-run organization at Palomar that strives to create a better campus for its students. Members of the ASG serve on campus-wide shared-governance committees and hiring committees, lobby State and Federal representatives on student issues, attend leadership conferences, and are responsible for Comet Week, Springfest, and some campus-wide activities. Members of the ASG have opportunities to attend conferences, special on-campus parking, and serve on campus-wide committees as the "voice of the students."
The Associated Students periodically participates in meetings sponsored by a statewide community college student organization named Student Senate for California Community Colleges. The statewide Student Senate is authorized by law "to advocate before the Legislature and other state and local governmental entities".
Among the largest, most comprehensive and diverse programs in the state, the intercollegiate athletic program at Palomar College consists of a combined 22 men's and women's sports teams, averaging over 450 participating student-athletes per year.
- Men's and women's
- Water polo
- Cross country
- Other Sports
- Track and Field
- James Hoyt – MLB pitcher currently playing for the Cleveland Indians.
- Todd Bankhead – American football player
- Joey Beltran – professional mixed martial artist for Bellator Fighting Championships, formerly fighting for King of the Cage, Strikeforce, and UFC
- Travis Browne – professional MMA fighter, current UFC heavyweight contender, played basketball for Palomar.
- Tom Dempsey – former NFL kicker best known for his record 63-yard field goal with the New Orleans Saints.
- Ryan Dahl - Software Engineer, Inventor of Node.JS.
- Pita Elisara – American football offensive lineman
- Lina Fanene – American professional wrestler for WWE and plus-sized model.
- Candi Kubeck – captain of ValuJet Flight 592, which crashed into the Florida Everglades on May 11, 1996.
- Matt Chico – retired MLB pitcher.
- Ken Block – Rally Car driver, and founder of DC Shoes.
- Brett Salisbury – college football quarterback and author of the Transform Diet.
- Tom Luginbill – college football quarterback and college football analyst for ESPN.
- Jesse Taylor (attended) – Junior College State Champion in 2004; current professional MMA fighter and two time Ultimate Fighter Finalist, UFC Ultimate Fighter: Redemption Season Champion 
- Kenbrell Thompkins – NFL wide receiver who is currently a free agent. Left school after one year.
- Saalim Hakim – NFL wide receiver who is currently a free agent.
- Nick Vincent (born 1986) - professional pitcher who is currently a free agent.
- Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz (1921–2014), surfer and physician
- Palomar Community College District Policy BP 5400 Archived July 24, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, adopted April 8, 2008.
- Section 76060 of the California Education Code. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- See "Associated Student Government" in Article III – Structure, Section 1 Archived January 31, 2013, at the Wayback Machine of the association's constitution.
- Section 76060.5 of the California Education Code. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Joey Beltran MMA Bio". Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Browne continues to add wrinkles to game – MMA Blog – ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Travis Browne UFC Bio". Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Jesse Taylor MMA Bio". Archived from the original on August 19, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2014.