Palos (TV series)
|Genre||Drama, Action, Thriller|
|Directed by||Toto S. Natividad,
Erick C. Salud,
Trina N. Dayrit
|Theme music composer||Jay Durias|
|Opening theme||"Palos theme"|
|Ending theme||"Langit Sa 'Yong Tabi"
by South Border
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||63|
|Executive producer(s)||Roldeo T. Endrinal|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment TV|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i) SDTV|
|Original release||January 28– April 25, 2008|
The series is loosely based on the classic Filipino comics and film character of the same name Palos, which means Eel in Tagalog. In the original comics, Palos was a professional thief who possessed acrobatic skills, and who was adept in the fighting arts.
Alyas Palos (Alias Eel) is a comic serial novel by Virgilio and Nestor Redondo, which was first serialized in Tagalog Klasiks in 1961. The title character was a thief and a kind-hearted felon with exceptional safe-cracking skills.
In the 1960s, the graphic novel was adapted to the silver screen with upcoming star Bernard Bonnin in the title role. Alyas Palos made Bernard Bonnin a household name and it defined Bonnin’s showbiz career. Palos was serialized eight times with Bonnin being the only actor to have portrayed Palos. These movies include “Alyas Palos (Alias Eel)” (1962), “Palos Kontra Gagamba (Eel vs. Spider)” (1963), “Palos: Counterspy” (1966), “Palos Strikes Again” (1986), and “Alyas Palos II (Alias Eel II)” (1982).
The story begins when Giancarlo is orphaned at a young age when his mother, Grazella, is killed in a shooting incident in Macau. He blames his mother's death on an agent known only as "Palos", and vows to do whatever it takes to avenge her death.
The young orphan is taken in by his mother's friend, Alessandro, who later helps him join a secret agency known as "Neptune". The young Giancarlo, driven by his thirst for revenge, trains hard and uses every opportunity to hone his skills. Eventually, he emerges as one of the top agents of Neptune, and feels he is ready to fulfill his life's mission: avenge his mother's murder.
But in his quest to find Palos, Giancarlo finds long-buried secrets... secrets about his mother's death, about Neptune, and about his own identity.
Cast and characters
- Cesar Montano as Fabio Cassimir / Palos - the most skilled agent of Neptune Agency but was kidnapped by Alessandro Canavarro (Jomari Yllana) for many years. He returned at Neptune with the help of Agent Caranzo (Jake Cuenca).
- Jake Cuenca as Giancarlo Caranzo / New Palos - the new top agent of Neptune during Fabio's absence. He was the real son of Fabio Cassimir and Grazella Caranzo (Sunshine Cruz-Montano), but he grew angry with Fabio because he believed that Fabio was the killer of his mother. He and Enzo (Jay-R Siaboc) know the password to the controversial Microchip.
- Jomari Yllana as Neptune Director Alessandro Canavarro - the head of Neptune Agency but he was fired by the president because of his crime for killing Gen. Vittorio Canavarro (Bernard Bonnin), his father.
- Bernard Bonnin as Gen. Vittorio Canavarro - a retired general of the Philippine Army, the father of Alessandro Canavarro, and the founder of Neptune Agency. He adopts Fabio and he treats him like his real son that made Alessandro grow a huge hatred over him.
- Railey Valeroso as Pietro Avelino - rival of Agent Caranzo, Neptune's new agent.
- Sunshine Cruz as Grazella R. Caranzo - the girlfriend of Fabio and the mother of Giancarlo, but she was killed during an attack in Macau. She was the owner of the Microchip but was grabbed by Fabio because of his mission given by Gen. Vittorio.
- Jodi Sta. Maria as Carmela Canavarro - the wife of Alessandro and mother of Franco (Timothy Lambert Chan).
- Carla Humphries as Dr. Stella Guidotti - a doctor and the daughter of President Guidotti (Aquino).
- Julia Barretto as Pamela Kiev - the daughter of Ivan (Conan) and Arianna Kiev (del Valle). She got angry at Fabio for the killing of her parents, but reconciles when Fabio tells her he didn't kill her parents.
- Ron Morales as Aldo Mussolini - a Neptune agent
- Roxanne Guinoo as Anna - Giancarlo's ex-girlfriend who once disappeared, later they reconcile after meeting again.
- Jay-R Siaboc as Enzo Picaso - a Neptune agent, Giancarlo's best friend
- Bangs Garcia as Sylvia Nazi - a Neptune agent, Giancarlo's ex-girlfriend
- Regine Angeles as Paola Durante - another Neptune agent
- Butz Aquino as President Donatello Guidotti - President of the Philippines
- Ramon Gutierrez as Antonino Morato
- Epi Quizon as Marco Ferreli
- Desiree Del Valle as Arianna Kiev - mother of Pamela and wife of Ivan; killed by unidentified armed men.
- Michael Conan as Ivan Kiev - father of Pamela and husband of Ariana; killed by unidentified armed men when he give a microchip to Fabio.
- Gloria Romero as Alfonsina Riviera - grandmother of Giancarlo and mother of Grazela
- Timothy Lambert Chan as Franco Canavarro - son of Alessandro and Carmela
- JB Magsaysay as Dr. Samuel Chan
- Mico Palanca as Kim Yung Joo
- AJ Dee as Watashi Kim
- Al Tantay as Ernesto Mario
- Albert Martinez as Salvatore
- Bruce Quebral as Luciano
- Wendy Valdez as Nicolla
- Dennis Padilla as Luigi
- Redford White as Mario
- Riza Santos as Lady Simona
- Joshua Dionisio as Young Giancarlo
- Mariel Rodriguez as Viola
- Christian Vasquez as Young General Vittorio Canavarro
- John Manalo as Young Fabio
- Vandolph Quizon as Giuseppe - best friend and companion of Giancarlo
- Ricardo Cepeda
- Lovely Rivero
- Allan Paule
- Ping Medina
- Charles Christianson
- Helga Krapf
- Marlo Sanchez
- Emilio Garcia
- CJ Jaravata
- Janelle So
- Mike Magat
- Original score and sound design: Idonnah Lopez-Villarico and Rommel Villarico
- Lighting directors: Elmer Despa, Alfred Hernando, Ferdie Marquez
- Production designers: Malou Dugtong-de Guzman, Rodrigo Ricla
- Contributing Writers: Ays De Guzman, Miguel Suaco, Jason Villamar, James Matias
- Writer: Danica Mae Domingo
- Headwriter: Galo T. Ador, Jr. (deceased)
- Executive producer: Rocky B. Ubana
- Creative manager: Rondel Lindayag
- Production managers: Dagang Vilbar, Julie Anne R. Benitez
- Executive producer in charge of production: Roldeo T. Endrinal
- Directors: Toto S. Natividad, Erick C. Salud, and Trina N. Dayrit
- Jake, bida na sa ‘Palos’ Journal.com.ph
- Jake Cuenca: No conspiracy behind my breakup with Roxanne, ABS-CBNNews.com
- Palos Strikes Again IMDB.com
- Jake Cuenca maraming itinatagong sikreto, Journal Online