Palos Heights School District 128
Palos Heights School District 128 is a PK-8 Cook County, Illinois school district located in the southern village of Palos Heights; the district serves Palos Heights Proper and the majority of its neighboring unincorporated areas. All in all, the district is composed of four schools: Indian Hill Preschool, of which educates the prekindergarteners of the district, serves roughly 7% of the district students; Cathy Leslie serves as the director of the prekindergarten program at the facility.Chippewa Elementary School, the most populous of the schools as of May 2008, educates District 128 students in grades one through three, and also runs a kindergarten program; it is under the direction of Mary Ann Redshaw. Those in grades four through five attend Navajo Heights Elementary School, which bridges the gap between the elementary schools and the grades 6-8 Independence Junior High School; the principal of Navajo Heights Elementary School is Sharon Herman, while the principal of Independence Junior High School is Dr. Paul McDermott. The district superintendent is Dr. Kathleen Casey, and the mascot of Independence Junior High School is the patriot.
The administration of Independence Junior High School runs a program linked to its home page; this program is a page-long short story known as a "Five Minute Mystery" that students are meant to solve in an attempt to encourage the school's students to read more.
Navajo Heights hosts a series of activities, including book clubs, a math team alternatively known as a Math Olympiad, a chorus, and a community service committee. Additionally, the school presents the products of project assignments from the students of the two grades of which it serves.
Independence and Navajo Heights sport school bands.
- Indian Hill School Web Page, retrieved 2008-5-24
- Chippewa Elementary School Welcome Page, retrieved 2008-5-24
- Navajo Heights Elementary School Home Page, retrieved 2008-5-24
- Independence Junior High School Main Page, retrieved 2008-5-24
- About Us: Note from the District 128 Superintendent, retrieved 2008-5-24
- What is a Five-Minute Mystery?, retrieved 2008-5-24
- Navajo Heights Elementary School Activities Listing, retrieved 2008-5-24
- District 128 Bands, retrieved 2008-5-24