Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||J.P. Dutta|
|Produced by||Zee Studios|
J P Films
|Based on||Nathu La and Cho La clashes|
Aditii Arya Sharma
|Music by||Anu Malik|
|Cinematography||Shailesh AV Awasthhi Nigam Bomzan|
|Edited by||Ballu Saluja|
J P Films
|Distributed by||Zee Studios|
|Box office||est. ₹10.25 crore|
Paltan (transl. Platoon; Hindi pronunciation: [pəlʈən]) is a 2018 Indian war film written, directed and produced by J. P. Dutta, based on 1967 Nathu La and Cho La clashes along the Sikkim border after 1962 Sino-Indian War. It stars an ensemble cast with Jackie Shroff, Arjun Rampal, Sonu Sood, Harshvardhan Rane, Esha Gupta, Sonal Chauhan and many more. The film was theatrically released on 7 September 2018 .
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2019)
- Jackie Shroff as Maj. General Sagat Singh, GOC Mtn Div
- Arjun Rampal as Lt. Col.Rai Singh Yadav, CO 2 Grenadiers
- Sonu Sood as Maj. Bishen Singh
- Gurmeet Choudhary as Capt. Prithvi Singh Dagar
- Harshvardhan Rane as Maj. Harbhajan Singh
- Siddhanth Kapoor as Hawaldar Parasar
- Luv Sinha as 2Lt. Attar Singh
- Rohit Roy as Maj.Cheema
- Abdul Quadir Amin as Army Officer 
- Abhilash Chaudhary as Hawaldar Lakshmi Chand Yadav
- Nagender Choudhary as Nb.Sub. Raghav Prasad Pandey
- Bijou Thaangjam as Chinese Soldier
- Shahbaz Wolf Rajput as Chinese Soldier
- Esha Gupta as Lt. Col. Rai Singh Yadav’s wife
- Sonal Chauhan as Maj. Bishen Singh's wife
- Monica Gill as Harjot Kaur, Maj. Harbhajan Singh's girlfriend
- Dipika Kakkar
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||28 August 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|Anu Malik chronology|
|1.||"Paltan Title Track"||Divya Kumar, Irfan, Adarsh, Khuda Baksh||6:12|
|2.||"Raat Kitni"||Sonu Nigam||6:51|
|3.||"Main Zinda Hoon"||Sonu Nigam||6:51|
The background score of the film is composed by Sanjoy Chowdhury and songs are composed by Anu Malik. The lyrics are written by Javed Akhtar.The first song "Paltan Title Track" was released on 13 August 2018. The second song "Raat Kitni" was released on 21 August 2018. The music in the Paltan song is borrowed from the theme music of iconic 1957 hollywood blockbuster The Bridge on the River Kwai.
The film received generally average to poor reviews. Audience and critics found the film's execution largely ineffective for a war film with caricature characters and extremely long runtime. Ronak Kotecha of The Times of India gave it 3/5 stars calling it a long-drawn war-drama that picks up only during the final moments.
- "Paltan - Movie - Box Office India". Box Office India. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "Paltan Box Office collection till Now - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Arjun Rampal: It's sad to see the army being maligned". 25 August 2018.
- "Paltan movie review and release highlights". 7 September 2018.
- "'Paltan' to release on September 7". Times of India. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "JP Dutta's Paltan first poster out, film to release on September 7". hindustantimes. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Monica Gill to play Harshvardhan Rane's love interest in J P Dutta's Paltan". Deccan Chronicle. 9 February 2018. Missing or empty
- Desk, India.com Entertainment (3 August 2018). "JP Dutta's Paltan Receives A Thumbs Up From Bollywood, Ahead Of The Trailer Launch". India.com. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Paltan - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Saavn.
- "Paltan title track explores brotherhood and love for the nation; song penned by Javed Akhtar- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Paltan song Raat Kitni: Arjun Rampal, Sonu Sood and others remember their loved ones- Entertainment News, TOI". Times of India. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "Paltan Teaser: JP Dutta Borrows 'Bridge On The River Kwai' Theme Music As He Is All Set to Complete India's Biggest War Trilogy". Latestly. Retrieved 1 September 2018.