A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
for Oakville North—Burlington
|Assumed office |
October 19, 2015
|Preceded by||district created|
|Oakville Town Councillor|
December 1, 2010 – October 26, 2015
|Preceded by||Cathy Duddeck|
|Succeeded by||Ray Chisholm|
|Alma mater||University of Western Ontario|
Pam Damoff attended the University of Western Ontario, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree. She spent 27 years working in financial and investment banking positions and the last 11 year as a self-employed consultant, while she focused on the community. Damoff has lived in Oakville since 1992.
Damoff was elected to the Oakville Town Council representing Ward 2 in 2010, and re-elected in 2014. During her time on council, she served on the Oakville Public Library Board, the budget committee and the Oakville Tourism Partnership. She was recognized as an advocate for active transportation and better cycling infrastructure in Oakville. Damoff is the chair of Oakville’s Terry Fox Run and was the chair of the Oakville Santa Claus Parade.
Oakville Ward 6 councilor Max Khan was the initial Liberal Party candidate for Oakville North—Burlington in the 2015 federal election, but he died suddenly in March 2015, leaving a need to nominate a new candidate. Damoff announced her candidacy for the nomination on April 29, 2015, with the support of Khan's father. She subsequently secured the nomination, and narrowly won the following general election.
Damoff was named vice-chair of the Standing Committee on the Status of Women in December 2015.
|Canadian federal election, 2015: Oakville North—Burlington|
|New Democratic||Janice Best||4,405||7.2||-8.31||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||60,796||100.0||$222,022.86|
|Total rejected ballots||272||–||–|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- Gregory, Michael (20 October 2014). "Oakville Votes: Pam Damoff, Ward 2 Town Council candidate". The Oakville Beaver. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Lea, David (29 April 2015). "Damoff to seek Liberal nomination for Oakville North-Burlington". The Oakville Beaver. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Hall, Diana (29 March 2015). "Oakville town Councillor Max Khan dies". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Le, Julia (20 October 2015). "UPDATED: Liberal Pam Damoff takes new Oakville North—Burlington MP seat". The Oakville Beaver. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "PARLINFO - Parliamentarian File - Complete File - DAMOFF, Pam". Library of Parliament. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Oakville North—Burlington, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates