University of the City of Manila, District Colleges
|Motto||Karunungan, Kaunlaran, Kadakilaan (Wisdom, Prosperity, Honor)|
|Type||Public, District College|
|President||Adel A. Tamano, AB, JD, MPA, LlM (Harvard)|
|Location||Tondo and Quiapo, Manila, Philippines|
|Hymn||Pamantasang Mahal (Beloved University)|
The District Colleges of the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila was established in 2001 through the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the Manila Mayor, the Department of Education Secretary, the PLM President, and the Superintendent of the Division of City Schools-Manila.
The students and facilities of the District Colleges are housed in three existing public schools houses the students and facilities of the PLM District Colleges. These schools are Antonio Villegas Technical School in Tondo (District I), Ramon Avanceña High School in Quiapo (District III).
In about the same period, another MOA was signed with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, providing partnership with the City government through the PLM education system.
On May 31, 2002, the Department of Social Welfare and Development of Manila, conducted the Integrated Early Childhood Care and Development (IECCD). It was the first academic course conducted in the District Colleges through the auspices of the United Nations Children's Fund.
- Associate in Computer Science
- Associate in Civil Technology
- Associate in Electrical Technology
- Associate in Electronics
- Associate in Health Care
- Associate in Junior Geodetic Engineering
- Associate in Mechanical Technology, major in Refrigeration and Airconditioning
- Associate in Physical Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, major in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, major in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, major in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Programs
- Villarosa, Maria Cecilia D. "PLM DC unraveled." Ang Pamantasan, Vol. XXIII, No. 3. September 10, 2002.
- Manila opening 3 new district colleges. Manila Bulletin. April 23, 2001.
- Guevarra, Joan Carla V. & Rebuca, Bridgette Anne M.. "A Tale of Two Campuses." Ang Pamantasan, Vol. XXIII, No.2.July 24, 2002
- Soriano, Joralyn P. "PLM District Colleges opened." Ang Pamantasan, Vol. XXII, No. 1. June 07, 2001.
- Fernandez, Teresita P. "UNICEF sponsors training for Manila daycare workers." Pamantasan StarPost, Vol. III, No. 2. September 2002.
- "PLM supports Lim’s agenda". The Manila Times. 2007-07-12. Archived from the original on 2007-07-12. Retrieved 2007-08-13.
- PLM Official University website
- The Online Community Forum of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- PLM Official Student Publication website
- PLM College of Engineering and Technology official website
- PLM Geocities site
- Association of South East Asian Institutes of Learning
- Wikipedia Map