|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (April 2012)|
|Born||Pamela J. Akert
December 20, 1941 
Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
|Years active||1961 to 1988|
Charles W. Britt (m. 1963–64)
Pamela Austin (born December 20, 1941) is an American actress.
Austin was born in Omaha, Nebraska as Pamela J. Akert. She spent part of her childhood in Europe as her father served a tour of duty with the Air Force there. Austin studied dancing at the Sacramento State College, and found work with the Tony Martin nightclub act upon arriving in Hollywood.
In addition to appearing in two Elvis Presley films, in 1966-1967 Austin gained notoriety for a long series of popular automobile television commercials for Dodge (the Charger, Coronet, Polara, and other models). As the perky "Dodge Rebellion Girl", she appeared in around twenty commercials as a damsel in distress — menaced by sharks, falling from a draw-bridge, a roof, a cargo plane, etc. Her tag line at the end of each ad was "The Dodge Rebellion wants you!"
In August 1967 she starred in the adventure-comedy film The Perils of Pauline based on the silent cliff-hanger serial. Posters for the film referenced her Dodge commercials: That "Rebellion Girl" is dodgin' unbelievable perils...
Austin's film and television work includes:
- The Dressmaker (1988)
- No Surrender (1986)
- Agatha (1979)
- Evil Roy Slade (1972)
- The Perils of Pauline (1967)
- Kissin' Cousins (1964)
- Rome Adventure (1962)
- The Chapman Report (1962)
- Blue Hawaii (1961)
- Screenplay (1980)
- Columbo: Blueprint for Murder (1972)
- Love American Style ("Love and the Phone Booth") (1969)
- Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (1968)
- It Takes a Thief ("Hans Across the Border", part 1 & 2) (1968)
- The Virginian ("Girl on the Glass Mountain") (1966)
- The Wild Wild West ("The Night of the Whirring Death") (1966)
- The Twilight Zone ("Number 12 Looks Just Like You") (1964)
- The Fugitive ("Come Watch Me Die") (1964)
- Surfside 6 ("Prescription for Panic") (1961)
Austin married Charles W. Britt in Santa Clara, California on October 27, 1963. Together they had one child, son Beau C. Britt, who was born on June 17, 1964. They divorced in 1964.
Austin married Guy Franklin McElwaine (a Hollywood press agent) in Los Angeles, California on July 17, 1965. They divorced in June 1967.
Austin married Leopold S. Wyler in Los Angeles, California on January 9, 1974.
- "Pamela Austin". glamourgirlsofthesilverscreen.com. Retrieved April 19, 2012.
- Pamela Austin at the Internet Movie Database
- 1966 Dodge Rebellion campaign promo on YouTube
- 1967 Dodge Polara advertisement featuring Pamela Austin on YouTube
- 1967 Dodge Dart TV ad & Pamela Austin tribute on YouTube
- elviswomen.greggers.net/austinpam.htm (fan site)