Education and early life
Druckerman grew up in Miami.
From 1997 to 2002 she was a staff reporter at The Wall Street Journal based in Buenos Aires, Argentina; São Paulo, Brazil; and New York, covering economics and politics. She has also reported from Tokyo, Japan; Moscow, Russia; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Jerusalem, Israel. Previously she was a Council on Foreign Relations term member and performed improv comedy with the Upright Citizens Brigade.
Druckerman is the author of Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting, a book about French parenting tips published by Penguin in 2012. It was published in the United Kingdom as French Children Don't Throw Food by Doubleday.
She also published Lust In Translation: Infidelity from Tokyo to Tennessee in 2007 with Penguin Group that examined the nature of marital infidelity. She claims that North America is the worst place to have an extramarital affair, because of the high degree of honesty Americans expect from their partners, and observed that the French have a much more understanding and permissive attitude towards adultery.
Her op-eds and articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Marie Claire, The Guardian, and Monocle. She also appears on news shows, including Good Morning America, the Today show, National Public Radio, and BBC. Druckerman was nominated as one of Time 100 most influential people of 2012.
- "Pamela Druckerman". Times Topics. The New York Times.
- "Miami Grows Up. A Little". The New York Times. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Giving to SIPA > List of Donors". SIPA: School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. Archived from the original on 14 August 2009.
- Bringing Up Bébé, Penguin Group
- Druckerman, Pamela (4 February 2012). "Why French Parents Are Superior". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Pamela Druckerman", The Bookseller
- Kate Fillion, "Interview with Pamela Druckerman", Maclean’s
- Interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show, "", January 13, 2010.
- "After the End of the Affair", The New York Times, March 21, 2008.
- "Postpartum Impression", The New York Times, December 13, 2007.
- "Latin Lovers", The New York Times, April 6, 2007.
- "They Don't Get Fat. They Do Get Lucky", The Washington Post, February 10, 2008.
- "Our Ready Embrace of Those Cheating Pols", The Washington Post, July 15, 2007.
- Interview on Today, April 23, 2007.
- Interview on NPR's Morning Edition', August 27, 2007.
- "The 2012 TIME 100 Poll", Time Magazine, March 29, 2012.