April 21, 1948 |
West Bloomfield, Michigan, United States
|Title||Miss Detroit 1969
Miss Michigan 1969
Miss America 1970
Eldred is from West Bloomfield and was crowned Miss America 1970 on September 6, 1969. After retiring as Miss America she married and had a daughter. She participated in the home-coming of Kirsten Haglund along with Nancy Fleming Lange and Kaye Lani Rae Rafko Wilson both former Miss Michigans who also became Miss America.  She is a graduate of University of Detroit Mercy and still lives in West Bloomfield.
A ballerina, Eldred performed a dance in the Miss America talent competition to music from Romeo and Juliet.
One of the five finalists Eldred defeated in the Miss America 1970 pageant was singer and actress Susan Anton. A year later, Eldred's successor would be future First Lady of Kentucky and television personality Phyllis George.
- Welcome to the Official Miss Michigan Scholarship Program - proud to be a part of the Miss America Organization retrieved 16 December 2010
- Miss America : 1970 retrieved 16 December 2010
- There she is: From 1921 to 2014, see the Miss America pageant through the years:1970
- Year in Review: Top 10 features and entertainment stories of 2008 retrieved 17 December 2010
- The whys and woes of beauty pagents retrieved 16 December 2010
- Hilary Levey, John Freiedman retrieved 16 December 2010
|Awards and achievements|
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|