Pamela took up a post as a Research Fellow in Epidemiology to enable her to continue working whilst raising a family. She was a member of the UK national working party concerned with data recording in cerebral palsy research from 1985 to the early 1990s. She has published various papers in the field and was invited to deliver a paper at a UCLA conference ('Epidemiology of the Cerebral Palsies: a Foundation for Research and Prevention') in 1986.
She developed the "Limb by Limb" method of data recording, a standardised methodology for clinicians providing data to epidemiologists. Before this method was described, different interpretations of commonly used terms (e.g. diplegia, hemiplegia and quadriplegia) meant that data recorded in studies were not always able to be assessed correctly at an epidemiological level. The "Limb by Limb" method stimulated a debate among other researchers about the best format for data recording in epidemiological studies, providing a basis from which other recording methodologies could be derived.
She left her epidemiological studies and developed an interest in counselling and to begin to teach adults in her local church and elsewhere. She contributed to the training of Christian counsellors, and lectured GPs on workaholism and other addictions. This work culminated in "Driven Beyond the Call of God"  which received good reviews including from the Christian Medical Fellowship - connecting her past career as a doctor to her present one as an author.
In 2002 she compiled her New Testament church-based teaching on the Body of Christ into a second book - "Building the Body" and has since contributed to the "Quiet Spaces" journal and bible reading notes such as "Living Light" and "Closer to God" from Scripture Union.
In 2011 she published her 3rd book - "Shaping the Heart", subtitled "Reflections on spiritual formation and fruitfulness".
Pamela Evans continues to teach and preach in the Anglican church to which she and her husband belong. She is a member of the Association of Christian Writers and part of the Chichester Diocese team of facilitators for the national Growing Healthy Churches initiative. She also provides spiritual direction to a small number of church leaders.
- P Evans; M Elliott; E Alberman; S Evans (1985). "Prevalence and disabilities in 4 to 8 year olds with cerebral palsy". Arch Dis Child. 60 (10): 940–945. PMC . PMID 2933005. doi:10.1136/adc.60.10.940.
- EVANS, P. M. & ALBERMAN, E. (1985). "Recording Motor Defects of Children with Cerebral Palsy". Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 27 (3): 404–406. PMID 3874801. doi:10.1111/j.1469-8749.1985.tb04560.x.
- Evans, P., Johnson, A., Mutch, L. and Alberman, E. (1986). "Report of a Meeting on the Standardisation of the Recording and Reporting of Cerebral Palsy". Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 28 (4): 547–548. PMID 3758510. doi:10.1111/j.1469-8749.1986.tb14304.x.
- Evans, P., Alberman, E., Johnson, A., Mutch, L. and Bax, M. (1987). "Standardisation of Recording and Reporting Cerebral Palsy". Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 29 (2): 272. PMID 3582800. doi:10.1111/j.1469-8749.1987.tb02148.x.
- Evans, P., Alberman, E., Johnson, A., Mutch, L. and Bax, M. (1991). "Certified cause of death in children and young adults with cerebral palsy". Arch Dis Child. 66 (3): 325–329. PMC . PMID 2025010. doi:10.1136/adc.66.3.325.
- Macfarlane, A. (1986). "MALIBU CEREBRAL PALSY WORKING GROUP, CALIFORNIA, 20th to 23rd FEBRUARY 1986". Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 28 (5): 683–685. doi:10.1111/j.1469-8749.1986.tb03915.x.
- Evans P, Johnson A, Mutch L, Alberman E (1989). "A standard form for recording clinical findings in children with a motor deficit of central origin". Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 31 (1): 119–120. PMID 2784115. doi:10.1111/j.1469-8749.1989.tb08420.x.
- Google Scholar references to "A standard form for recording clinical findings in children with a motor deficit of central origin"
- P M Evans; S J Evans; E Alberman (1990). "Cerebral palsy: why we must plan for survival". Arch Dis Child. 65 (12): 1329–1333. PMC . PMID 2148667. doi:10.1136/adc.65.12.1329.
- Evans, Pamela. Driven Beyond the Call of God. Bible Reading Fellowship. ISBN 1-84101-054-5.
- Driven beyond the call of God (Book Review)
- Evans, Pamela. Building the Body. Bible Reading Fellowship. ISBN 1-84101-193-2.
- Review at Evangelicals Now
- Quiet Spaces. The official website of the bible reading notes publication.
- Naomi Starkey, ed. (1 March 2006). Quiet Spaces the Garden. Bible Reading Fellowship. ISBN 978-1-84101-450-0. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Naomi Starkey, ed. (21 July 2006). Quiet Spaces the Wilderness. Bible Reading Fellowship. ISBN 978-1-84101-482-1. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Living Light from the Nationwide Christian Trust
- Author's Website - "Pamela also writes Bible notes for Scripture Union's Closer to God"
- Evans, Pamela. Shaping the Heart. Bible Reading Fellowship. ISBN 978-1-84101-726-6.
- Pamela Evans official site