This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pamela jain performing live
|Birth name||Pamela Jain|
|Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Genres||Film songs, pop, ghazals, bhajans, hindustani classical|
Pamela Jain is an Indian playback singer.
Pamela (Pamili) Jain was born to a Bengali family. Her parents are Kamelesh Basu and Shakuntala Basu, and one of her grandfathers was the Bengali novelist Bimal Mitra, who wrote Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam.
Jain has been fond of singing since young age. Initially, she thought it to be nothing more than a hobby, but later she realised that, if pursued seriously, it can be taken as a profession. When she was seven years old, she won her first prize in singing. She was brought up in the steel city of Bhilai in Chhattisgarh and pursued her academic and music education there. She had her professional training in Indian classical music under the guidance of Pandit Bimalendu Mukherjee (Bhilai) and Pandit Aaskan Sharma (Mumbai). From the age of 16, she started singing for Raipur radio station. She became winner in Meri Awaz Suno (1998) and Adaab Araz Hai (1999). From then onwards, she started singing at a professional level. Jain is also a qualified chartered accountant and cost accountant.
To establish a foothold in the field of music, Jain went to Mumbai, where she sang a song for the film Na Tum Jaano Na Hum (2000) by the music director Rajesh Roshan. She went on to sing numerous other songs for leading music directors such as Oscar-winner A. R.Rahman, Ravindra Jain, Anand Raj Anand, Sandesh Sandiliya, Lalit Sen, Sohail Sen, Jeet Ganguly, Pritam and various regional music directors. One of her biggest hits was the song "KumKum" for the television serial Kumkum. The song broke all the records and made her a star overnight. The song "Haye ram" from the film Na tum jano na hum and "Kahan pe meri jaan jaoge" from the film Calcutta Mail were also chart busters. She has worked with the oscar nominated director Ashutosh Gowarikar in films like Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey and What's Your Raashee?. Her voice has been mainly used for the younger generation stars. She has done playback singing for many famous actresses like Rani Mukherjee, Deepika Padukone, Esha Deol, Amisha Patel, Priyanka Chopra etc. Besides Hindi songs, she has also sung in other languages such as Bengali, Marathi, Oriya, Gujarati, Bhojpuri and Punjabi..
|2001||Moksha||"Seep Mein Moti"||Rajesh Roshan|
|2002||Na Tum Jaano Na Hum||"Dil Leke"|
|Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage||"O Re Gori"|
|Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe||"Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe"|
"Mat Ho Udhas"
"Hanse Tim Tim"
|Jaani Dushman||"Roop Salona Tera Dekh Ke"||Anand Raj Anand|
|Agnivarsha||"Aachal Ki Chhaya"||Sandesh Shandilya|
|2003||Calcutta Mail||"Kahan Pe Meri Jaan Jaoge"||Anand Raj Anand|
|2004||Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa||"Zindagi Hai Dua"||A.R.Rahman|
"Jai Gauri Maa"
|Chand Bujh Gaya||"Chupke Chupke"||Kanak Raj|
|2007||MLA Fatakeshto||"Shukher Aalo Moner Majhe"||Jeet Ganguly||Bengali|
|2008||Sirf||"Zindagi Ki Kahani"||Sohail Sen|
|Haal-e-dil||"Jeeta Hoon"||Anand Raj Anand|
|Minister Fatakeshto||"Vande Mataram"||Jeet Ganguly||Bengali|
|Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi||"Lo Ji Hum Aa Gaye"||Ravindra Jain|
|Sarkar Raj||"Subah"||Bapi Tutul|
|Royal Utsav||"Boon Boond"||Vaishnavdeva|
|2009||What's Your Raashee?||"Manunga Manunga"||Sohail Sen|
|Fast Forward||"Aankhon Ki Baat"||DJ Akbar Sami|
|2010||Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey||"Naiyn Tere"
|Mallika||"Wo Bhooli Dastaan"||Pritam|
|Ik Kudi Punjab Di||"Tera Mera Naa"||Sukshinder Shinda||Punjabi|
|Josh||"Keu Mone Mone"||Jeet Ganguly||Bengali|
|2011||Gal Tera Jaagdey Di||"Saari Raat Kamliyaan"||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Punjabi|
|2013||Deewana Deewani||"Diwana Mu Diwani Tu"||Udit Narayan||Odia|
|"He Mu Kacha Marka No 1 Hero"||Vinod Rathod|
|Haire to Jadu||Babul Supriyo|
|2014||Dil Ho Gail Qurbaan||"Umariya Mohabbat Ke Ka Dihli"||Damodar Raao||Bhojpuri|
|2015||Maai Ke Karz||"Samajh Na Pawe Dil Rove Bar Bar"|
|2016||Dahashat||"Aake Mere Khwabon Me Tum"|
|Allahabad Se Islamabad||"Khel Ya Aajuba"||Shishir Pandey||Bhojpuri|
|Rangdaari Tax||"Kanha Kanha Pukare Man Mor Ho"||Damodar Raao||Bhojpuri|
|Sindur Ki Saugandh||"Barsat Mein Ek Mulakat Mein"|
|Padal Ba Bhari Chaura Bihari||"Tohari Kajrari Ankhiya Kamaal Kaile Ba"|
|Jangal Raj||"Rahiya Tohar Kabse Taktani"|
|"Chand Jaisan Tohar Rup"|
|Aakhiri Dam Tak||"Tohar Pyar Chahi Pyar"|
|Prem Kahani EK Lapleli Ghoshta||"O Mhare Sajna"||Javed Ali||
|2017||Goe Father||"Chuti Kholile"||Odia|
|2018||A Thin Line||"Ye Na Thi Hamari Kismat"||Satya Manik Afsar||Hindi|
|4 Idiots||"Yoga Queen"||Odia|
Albums, remixes and serial titles
- Mera Ghunghta (T-Series)
- Dil aur dhadkan ( Saregama )
- Mere naseeb mein tu hai ki nahi (Sony Music)
- Bhor bhaye panghat mein ( Universal Music)
- Kumkum ( Star Plus)
- Sindoor Tere Naam Ka (Zee TV)
- Kulvaddhu (Sony TV)
- Meera (NDTV Imagine)
- Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai (Star Plus)
- Bairi Piya (Colours)
- Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli (Zee TV)
- Kya Dill Mein Hai (9X)
- Jodha Akbar (Zee TV)
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (Star Plus)
- Ishqbaaaz (Star Plus)
- Yeh Vaada Raha (Zee TV)
- Dil Boley Oberoi (Star Plus)
Awards and recognition
- 2001 – Best duet of the year, Tata Infomedia award
- 2004 – Kala Shree Award, Punjabi Kala Sangam
- 2010 – Best duet of the year, BIG Punjabi Award
- 2009 – Best title Singer, Indian Telly Technical Awards
- 2003 – New Musical Sensation, Star Dust Awards Nomination
- Gujarati Transmedia Award Nomination
- "Track list – Moksha". Archived 8 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Smashits
- "Track list – Na Tum Jaano Na Hum". Archived 1 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine Smashits
- "Track list – Calcutta Mail". Archived 1 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine Smashits
- "Track list – Vivah". Raaga
- "Track list – Sarkar Raj". Archived 8 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Smashits
- "Track list – Fast Forward". Archived 7 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Smashits
- "Track list – Mera Ghunghta". Raaga
- "Track list – Dil Aur Dhadkan". Saregama
- "Track list – Star Parivar". Archived 27 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine Smashits
- "Track list – Dolida". Soor Mandir.
- "Track list – Taali". Soor Mandir.
- "Track list – Ude Re Gulaal". Soor Mandir.
- "Track list – Utsav". Soor Mandir.