Pamela Sue Anderson
In 2007 she was an Official Fellow, Tutor in Philosophy and Christian Ethics, Dean, and Women's Advisor of Regent's Park College in the University of Oxford. Her former students include feminist philosopher Hanneke Canters.
Born in Hennepin County, Minnesota, Anderson was educated at Yale University and Mansfield College, Oxford and was formerly Reader in Philosophy at the University of Sunderland. Pamela taught at University of Oxford, where she was working on In Dialogue with Michèle Le Doeuff, translated works of Le Doeuff.
She died of cancer six weeks before her 62nd birthday, having been ill for two years.
On 17 March 2018 Regent's Park College unveiled a portrait commissioned of Anderson, in recognition of both her academic contributions and her pastoral commitment to the college.
- (2010) Kant and Theology. with Jordan Bell. T&T Clark.
- (2006) Revisioning Gender in Philosophy of Religion: the Ethics and Epistemology of Belief. Ashgate.
- (2004) Feminist Philosophy of Religion: Critical readings. Editor with Beverley Clack. Routledge.
- (1998) A Feminist Philosophy of Religion: The rationality and myths of religious belief. Blackwell.
- (1993) Ricoeur and Kant: Philosophy of the will. Scholars Press.
- Edited Books
- (2012) New Topics in Feminist Philosophy of Religion: Contestations and Transcendence Incarnate. Springer Netherlands.
- Anderson, Pamela S. "Postmodern Theology." Ed. Chad Meister and Paul Copan. The Routledge Companion to Philosophy of Religion. 2nd ed. New York: Routledge, 2013. 569–80. Print.
- "Hanneke Canters". www.goodreads.com.
- "Michèle Le Doeuff's "Primal Scene": Prohibition and Confidence in the Education of a Woman". Degruyter.com. Retrieved 15 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Philosophical links with Sweden". Ox.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 30 July 2014. Retrieved 15 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "In Memoriam: Pamela Sue Anderson". philosophy.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Pamela Sue Anderson Portrait Unveiling - Regent's Park College". Regent's Park College. 5 February 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- “'Where Bodies Embrace': Pamela Anderson's A Feminist Philosophy of Religion,” by Kathleen O'Grady, Feminist Theology, No. 20 (January 1999): pp. 99-109.