|Alma mater||Central Michigan University;
University of Montana
|Notable awards||American Book Award|
|Spouse||William Pitt Root|
Uschuk has taught creative writing at Marist College, Pacific Lutheran University, Fort Lewis College, the University of Arizona, Salem College, where she was also Director of the Center for Women Writers. She has also taught at Greenhaven Maximum Security Prison for Men in upstate New York and in Native American schools on the Salish, Sioux, Assiniboine, Northern Cheyenne, Flathead, Blackfeet, Crow, Tohono O'odham and Yaqui nations. She is Associate Professor of Creative Writing at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado.
Her literary prizes include the Dorothy Daniels Writing Award from the American League of PEN Women, Simi Valley, the King's English Poetry Prize, the New Millennium Poetry Prize, the Iris Poetry Prize, The Ronald H. Bayes Poetry Prize, and the Tucson/Pima Literature Prize, and Struga Poetry Prize for a theme poem. She has also won awards and honors from the Chester H. Jones Foundation, Wildwood Journal, and Amnesty International.
Her work has been translated into a dozen languages, and it appears over 300 journals and anthologies worldwide, including Agni, American Voice, Asheville Poetry Review, Nimrod, Parabola, Parnassus, Ploughshares, Poetry, and Southeast Review.
- Pamela Uschuk (1 February 2015). Blood Flower. Wings Press. ISBN 978-1-60940-411-6.
- Blood Flower,Wings Press, 2015, ISBN 978-1-60940-411-6
- "Wild In The Plaza of Memory," Wings Press,2012, ISBN 978-0-916727-92-5
- Crazy Love: New Poems Wings Press, 2009, ISBN 978-0-916727-58-1
- Heartbeats in Stones Codhill Press, 2005, ISBN 978-1-930337-17-6
- Scattered Risks Wings Press, 2005, ISBN 978-0-916727-12-3
- One-Legged Dancer Wings Press, 2002, ISBN 978-0-930324-76-6
- Finding Peaches in the Desert Wings Press, 2000, ISBN 978-0-930324-59-9
- John Bradley, ed. (1995). "Of Simple Intent". Atomic ghost: poets respond to the nuclear age. Coffee House Press. ISBN 978-1-56689-027-4.
- Without Birds, Without Flowers, Without Trees Flume Press, 1990, ISBN 978-0-9613984-7-7
- Light From Dead Stars (Full Count, 1981)